• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tillakaratne Dilshan's Current Ranking As The Worst Captain Ever Justified?

well?

• Total voters

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah he's done some strange things lol but no, I dont think he's the worst captain ever. He's actually better than I thought he would be. Have to say I feared the worst when he was named captain but he's actually not been that awful. He's anyway nothing more than a stand in captain until Angelo gets more experience I reckon.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Blaming entire team failures on the captain is quite puerile. I don't see how even the best captain in the world would have done much better with a side like that.

Last edited:

JBMAC

State Captain
Blaming entire team failures on the captain is quite puerile. I don't see how even the best captain in the world would have done much better with a side like that.
Agree with this. Besides how can you expect a man to lead a team with a number of ex captains in it. Pressure would be enormous at the best of times let alone with others trying to make decisions for him

smash84

The Tiger King
Agree with this. Besides how can you expect a man to lead a team with a number of ex captains in it. Pressure would be enormous at the best of times let alone with others trying to make decisions for him
This. This is the reason why I rate Imran so highly :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shakib was worse.

Feel a bit for Dilshan. Poor chap was basically holding the parcel when the music stopped. I doubt many of us would've foreseen him captaining a side containing Mahela & Sanga a couple of years ago. The good word is that Mathews is the future too.

Think the woes of SL cricket go far higher up than the skipper, as Kumar vividly comfirmed.