• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tillakaratne Dilshan's Current Ranking As The Worst Captain Ever Justified?

well?

• Total voters

pup11

International Coach
His tactics are awful at best of times but its that look on his face that truly makes him the worst captain going around, everytime his face is shown he looks like is about to whine and cry and its nothing short of an atrocity that he is leading a side like Sri Lankan a team which has had some great leaders over the years.

smash84

The Tiger King
His tactics are awful at best of times but its that look on his face that truly makes him the worst captain going around, everytime his face is shown he looks like is about to whine and cry and its nothing short of an atrocity that he is leading a side like Sri Lankan a team which has had some great leaders over the years.
haha.....yeah man looks like he is sulking all the time

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaming entire team failures on the captain is quite puerile. I don't see how even the best captain in the world would have done much better with a side like that.
This. Sangakkara was smart..he gave up in time otherwise this topic would have been about him.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
well there are some seriously problems with Sri Lankan cricket..they are a pretty overrated team in the sense that they have always been dreadful outside of the subcontinent all throughout their cricketing history...yet because they perform well at home and do well in limited overs cricket, winning a World Cup and going to 2 finals, people don't seem to count them among the poor sides.

At this moment, their bowling attack is below average, and I don't think Sanga or Mahela being captain would have been able to do a better job.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're in absolutely dreadful shape and aren't showing any signs of getting any better. Dilshan's just one of their better players who happens to have washed up with the captaincy by default and is taking the flak for the fact that they have a patchy batting lineup and no attack.

It's a shame for the sport but I can't see them reaching the level of the Murali era for a long, long time.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
carn SL.

I think one of the better things that dilshan did in this match is to keep himself away from the bowling as much as possible

Last edited:

Burgey

189,000 plus people came out to watch this Indian team play.

Lol Melbourne.

Wouldn't happen if Dilshan's mob was here.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
carn SL.

I think one of the better things that dilshan did in this match is to keep himself away from the bowling as much as possible
He will bowl a lot on second innings, and will get some wickets too. That pitch is turning.

Uppercut

They're in absolutely dreadful shape and aren't showing any signs of getting any better. Dilshan's just one of their better players who happens to have washed up with the captaincy by default and is taking the flak for the fact that they have a patchy batting lineup and no attack.

It's a shame for the sport but I can't see them reaching the level of the Murali era for a long, long time.
:shy:

In the future this post will be seen as Sri Lankan cricket's great turning point.

Burgey

Has he stepped down as skipper or retired altogether? Be a shame if the latter, he's a good player for them.

uvelocity

International Coach
poor bugger probably should never have been put in that position. Didn't weak out so good on him. Wasn't much chop of course.