• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tillakaratne Dilshan's Current Ranking As The Worst Captain Ever Justified?

well?

• Total voters

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with this. Besides how can you expect a man to lead a team with a number of ex captains in it. Pressure would be enormous at the best of times let alone with others trying to make decisions for him
Pretty much every Indian captain has to deal with this problem tbf.

Spikey

btw shocked and disappointed with the defence of Dilshan happening here - he gave Kumar the new ball ffs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
btw shocked and disappointed with the defence of Dilshan happening here - he gave Kumar the new ball ffs
Rather a captain who takes a punt (albeit a Hail Mary of a Hail Mary) than one like Shakib who gave his seamers no slips after about 6 overs with a lead of 400+. Would break your heart as a bowler.

Spikey

ok what about Dilshan loving himself as a bowler for no valid reason

And tbf Dilshan takes his seamers off after 6 overs and don't bowl again til the new ball

Spikey

but they have actually been taking the odd wicket, somehow. have you seen his spinners? they ain't much chop either (both him and the other two)

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
haha.....did Hashan Tilekeratne ever captain SL though? I think he was stand in captain for a few matches right?
Yeah, that 2003 white wash was due to his pansy-captaining. SL would have won that 2-1 if not for his piss-poor captaincy.

Dilshan has been much better than expected. Even looks better than Sanga, because he's not afraid to try out things. We may laugh at Sanga bowling, but his decision to give Sam the ball was a successful one.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Everytime i see him captain in a close match (or match they look like losing) has anyone notice how bad his body language gets? Can't believe someone hasn't taken him aside and told him to show abit of positivity and try to inspire players rather then sulk when your the captain

smash84

The Tiger King
Everytime i see him captain in a close match (or match they look like losing) has anyone notice how bad his body language gets? Can't believe someone hasn't taken him aside and told him to show abit of positivity and try to inspire players rather then sulk when your the captain
lol......true

Himannv

International Coach
I dont feel he actually sulks per se. I think he may let the situation get to him at times though. OTT thread IMO. Expected him to be far worse. He should probably use his main spinners ahead of himself but have no issues with him bowling more overs. I think he's fairly useful with the ball in these sort of conditions, Sanga probably didn't use him enough at times I reckon. Hope he steps up with his batting though.