• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Is the Best Day of Test Match Cricket That You Witnessed Being In the Ground?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
mine goes to the famous India-Australia Eden Test...and the best day for me was the 4th day and that remarkable partnership...guess, the 5th day was even better...but i was not there, sadly...
I was there for 5 days.

And yes, it's the most memorable test match I've seen being in the ground.

Isura

U19 Captain
Galle 2007 when England were bowled out for 81. Unfortunately it rained a lot on days 4/5 and Pommies held on for the draw. This was during my honeymoon though, so no complaints

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Day 1, OZ vs WI, Adelaide, 1996/97. WI batting like ducks to be bowled out for 130, the highlight was Warne clapping Lara off after a massive swipe to hole out at mid-on. Glorious.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
and then Hayden batting quite well before all the dropped catches and n-ball dismissals the next day, he was really beyond nervous on that second morning.

But yeah we just destroyed the WI on day one, I was excited for Bichel on his debut, was always a fan, and he struck first up from memory, getting Adrian Griffith out. Then later in the match....BLEWETT turned it on, 99 poor bugger, glorious knock.

Greg Blewett 99 vs West Indies 1996/97 4th test Adelaide - YouTube

and MEW

M Waugh 82 vs WI 1996/97 - YouTube

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't say the best, but quite interesting: 1st Test: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Dunedin, Mar 7-10, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Me and my mate were lucky enough to be invited by his dad into a bank's corporate box at Carisbrook for day two. Which just happened to be the day that Bryan Young batted on from a strong 150-odd not out, and went past 200 while we were there. Which was great, but there was one problem when he actually brought up his double ton - we couldn't see a thing. Just a few minutes earlier, some of the university students, orrrrrrr "scarfies" as they're known around Dunedin, had set fire to the ratty old couch they had been allowed to bring onto the terraces. So our view of Young's bat-raise consisted of thick, stinky, grey smoke before we conceded defeat and turned to the in-room TV...

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ind vs Pak, Bangalore test in 2005. Was in ground on 3rd day. Sehwag hit a great double hundred.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Managed to see any of Inzy's and Younis' batting in that test? Thought that was top-notch too.
still remember inzi's 100 in that game there have been quicker 100's better 100's but never seen such an effortless 100 it was like he was having an extended net.

As for the thread has to be Karachi 06 opening day Pathan's ha trick then Khatmal's fightback ending up with a jizz worthy opening burst by Akhtar & Asuf.

Stapel

International Regular
Probably a rather odd call, but that's because I'm Dutch, and haven't seen that many Test Cricket in stadiums.
But the 5th day of the 2008 Test in Barbados (Aus in WI) wins it for me. Aus won after tea (Tests ending in a result on day 5 after tea are, per definitation, always good), in a really crowded Kensington Oval. I happened to be the only white dude in the stand, which had something to it.