• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank them in order

Xuhaib

International Coach
From Best to Worst

Javed Miandad, Allan Border, Sunil Gavaskar, Viv Richards, Graham Gooch.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Rank them as what?
Tiddleywink players, cricketers in general,batsmen, bowlers, or candlestick makers?:wacko::wacko:
A bit unnecessary mate?

Assuming we're talking about them as Test batsmen,
Viv Richards
Allan Border
Javed Miandad
Sunil Gavaskar
Graham Gooch

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
As 'test match batsmen':
Gavaskar>Richards>Border>Miandad>Gooch

As 'batsmen':
Richards>Gavaskar>Border>Miandad>Gooch

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Gavaskar
Richards
Border
Miandad
Gooch

most difficult for me was to decide the first two...

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Test Match batsmen
Viv Richards
Sunil Gavaskar
Alan Border
Javed Miandad
Graham Gooch

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Miandad being underrated here, for me.

Richards
Miandad
Gavaskar
Border
Gooch
Is that the way you'd rate them on all 365 days in a year or is it just because Miandad is underrated (in your perception) in this thread? :wacko: Just a genuine question and I can appreciate if this order indeed is your true opinion.

smash84

The Tiger King
lol. Good question OSP.

Miandad suffers a lot for not being that great against the WI I suppose.

Richards is a cut above the others I feel. The rest are close and the order can change on different days. As far as playing spin is concerned Miandad definitely above the others