• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The greatest spinner of alltime

Who is the greatest spinner of alltime?

• Total voters

Days of Grace

International Captain
As requested in the Greatest Aussie bowler thread, please vote and discuss who you think was the best/greatest spinner of alltime. I think we should put an emphasis on test cricket, since a spinner's role is suppressed in the shorter forms of the game.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Total career body of work Shane Warne, but for pure brilliance I to go with what I read about Bill O'Reilly

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Would have for Palin/Perry/Bauchman/Romney for the last one.
One only spins when you are forced to sell misconceptions/fabrications :)

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Would have for Palin/Perry/Bauchman/Romney for the last one.
One only spins when you are forced to sell misconceptions/fabrications :)
I guess Nehemiah Perry gave it a good rip......:p

Actually he bowled a killer ball to Mark Waugh in the Barbados test in 1999, ran along the damn ground Curtly-style from 1997 Perth.

bagapath

International Captain
i would gladly pick oreilly, warne and muralii if multiple choices are allowed. will wait for the threat starter to confirm, though

JBMAC

State Captain
Valentine, Rhammadin, Gibbs, Illingworth, Titmus,Laker, Verity,Benaud..... these are a few names missing from your list. Lance Gibbs held the world record for most number of test dismissals for quite some time before he was surpassed by Richie Benaud. These are 2 notable NON- inclusions

Days of Grace

International Captain
At first I had something like 20 poll options involving Benaud and Gibbs. But is not likely that those two would be voted as the no.1 spinner in the history of cricket. Top 5 at best. Having said that, there is an argument for having those two ahead of Chadra and Bedi.

There are muliple-choice options, but I soon realised it was a mistake. I would prefer you just pick one spinner.

All of them are not a patch on Matthew Hart, though.:ph34r:

Last edited: