• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My fellow Englishmen...

English? Pleased the crims are looking less than rancid?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do feel a bit glad sometimes that they're doing a bit better. I think of it as kind of "lol, Australia are so rubbish that I'm even pleased they're doing well" so I'm not too worried about it.
move my thread, perhaps into the 'India in Australia' board that will no doubt be created - it'll be 3rd vs 4th!

smash84

The Tiger King
I see your point Brumbers, but then I thought of 1989, 1990/91, 1993, 1994/95, 1997, 1998/99, 2001 and 2002/03 and thought **** it the answer has to be no bloody way - keep them down there as long as possible because you just know some Border/Waugh type is waiting around the corner ready to restore normal service
haha,,,,,,this

No arguments about the Lankan bowling; they would have to improve considerably to become dire.

Ouch. Lakmal seemed decent and Randiv and herath are also decent bowlers.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Agree, they were never anywhere near as bad as what was made out, it is just that England are in top form and have become a very good team that makes good teams look ****e.
As far as Australia goes, the lower they sink the better.:ph34r:
Its just that most people of the modern era were so used to seeing them win everything all the time it was quite shocking for them to the once near invincible all conquering team lose like that. Back then even a match win against them felt as good as series against others.

Anyways, I'm still not convinced that they have recovered unless they can sweep this series 3-0.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Ironically, the more Australia win, the more embarrassing their Ashes humbling last Winter looks!

Because we were told it was only because Australia had got rubbish, that we beat them!

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Greg Chappell is no longer allowed into their dressing room.

That wraps up The Case of the Curious Transformation.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to say I am in danger of being afflicted by this, for one I would have at one point found it unthinkable that I would want them to beat India but think I will this winter. In fact I could find myself quite liking Australia if they stay at their current level, a sort of England of the past like side, full of players who I find likeable who perform admirably on occasion and dreadfully on others.

Think they will rather better than that though which is a shame but certainly no bad thing for cricket. There are players, Mitch being chief amongst them that I genuinely like in a way that I never could previous generation (Warne and Gilchrist aside) because they will never be so relentlessly brilliant.

Have also always liked Michael Clarke since he played for Hampshire so would be pleased to see him prove his critics at home wrong.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's amazed me most of all is the number of world class players found to be completely "out of form" when they happen to play England.
FMD, been number one for a week and a half and have a go at the gloating. As bad as Indian supporters were before they reverted to mediocre type.

One thing to enjoy it, another to engage in this sort of high-and-mighty guff after a decent year. Do it after a decent decade.

Then again, by the time you're on top for a decade, you get all modest and humble, like we Aussie fans were.

England will revert to mediocrity sooner rather than later. It's the nature of you.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Indeed. We were awesome at winning
That's kinda my point tho; certain parties (none of them Australian I can recall) were altogether too keen to dismiss our win on the grounds of Oz being not v good suddenly. Whilst there's no doubt the current side isn't in the same league as the all-conquering team of four or five years ago, Australia haven't just become crap.