• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Surprisingly tweaky for a part timer spinner

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Katich, Sehwag and Bevan spring to mind.

Any part-time leggie really too. Even Sarwan and Rudolph used to get it to rag-a-plenty.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Katich, Sehwag and Bevan spring to mind.

Any part-time leggie really too. Even Sarwan and Rudolph used to get it to rag-a-plenty.
Really? Been a while since I saw him bowl but my memory of him is of bowling very gentle non-turning leggies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did Jayasuriya actually turn the ball? Bowled darts from what I remember of his (long) career.

The thread isn't about being effective is it? I thought it's about players who spun the ball a lot despite being part timers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did Jayasuriya actually turn the ball? Bowled darts from what I remember of his (long) career.

The thread isn't about being effective is it? I thought it's about players who spun the ball a lot despite being part timers.
Yeah Jayasuriya definitely isn't a fit for this thread.. firstly because I wouldn't really call him a part-timer and secondly because he didn't turn the ball much very often.

I'd be inclined to put him in the opposite category of "surprisingly darty for a semi-regular bowler".

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Matsikenyeri was a good call though. Really gave it a rip and at times played as an allrounder; I always thought he should've worked harder on his bowling.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Jayasuriya definitely isn't a fit for this thread.. firstly because I wouldn't really call him a part-timer and secondly because he didn't turn the ball much very often.

I'd be inclined to put him in the opposite category of "surprisingly darty for a semi-regular bowler".
On receptive pitches he bowled some huge left arm leggies though. There were times he pitched in on leg from round the stumps, and hit the top of the off. I think that was done few times, once against NZ, once against Zim and once against Eng. And of course, Eden Gardens 1996, when he turned it square.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach

That would be Harbhajan this last series. And what surprise?