• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Was the Worst Possible Umpiring Decision That You Have Seen

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Plz say a little, don't just say something like Ponting in Adelaide 2003, write a little about what happened...

for me, it's the chennai test match between india and pakistan (1999), where in the second innings Sourav Ganguly was given caught when that ball actually dropped twice before the fielder took it...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lbw that won England the series v South Africa in 98 at Headingley.It was Ntini who was given out, one of numerous crap decisions in the game by Javed Akhtar.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bucknor giving Sachin out to Razzaq in Kolkatta caught behind without even the Pakistani's really appealing has to be a contender surely.

Even most of the Pakistani team couldn't believe he had given it and Razzaq was scolding rest of the surprised team that they should have appealed. I believe he was in line to break some milestone that innings too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Darrel Hair deciding that Pakistan had forfeited the Oval Test in 2006
In terms of the schisse-storm it generated a case can be made it was the worst decision made for the well-being of cricket, but I still think Darrel got that one right.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
In terms of the schisse-storm it generated a case can be made it was the worst decision made for the well-being of cricket, but I still think Darrel got that one right.
In technical terms maybe(though that can be contended too), but should have shown more common sense and less ego.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Agree with the Ganguly decision. The worst ever and that umpire at square leg was Indian too. Talk about home umpiring being biased.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bucknor giving Sachin out to Razzaq in Kolkatta caught behind without even the Pakistani's really appealing has to be a contender surely.

Even most of the Pakistani team couldn't believe he had given it and Razzaq was scolding rest of the surprised team that they should have appealed. I believe he was in line to break some milestone that innings too.
Speaking of Mr. Bucknor just remembered another contender among several.

In the 1992 2nd test of the landmark series where SA made their comeback, when he stubbornly refer a run out appeal by India to the third umpire against Jonty Rhodes.

He was on 16 at the time, with SA on 26 for 4. He went on to score 91 and SA scored 292.

The slow - motion replays showed he was well short of his crease.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In technical terms maybe(though that can be contended too), but should have shown more common sense and less ego.
Don't really want to go over it all again & I agree it might not have been the most politic decision to make, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong one.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Some of Hussain's lbw's have been pretty bad, and that awful Jayasuriya caught in the slips dismissal in 2000 vs England.

Also can't ever forget Gilchrist lbw to Harbhajan in 2001, pitched outside leg AND he hit it, disgraceful.