• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Was the Worst Possible Umpiring Decision That You Have Seen

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Thought so. Pretty sure these kinds of titles would attract more views and comments?:p
No just an attempt to **** off some of the usual abusers i get. One idiot claimed he had never seen a single bad umpiring mistake in India! I could make a 3 hour compilation video of umpiring mistakes in India..... and probably a 20 dvd box set from Pakistan. :ph34r:

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
No just an attempt to **** off some of the usual abusers i get. One idiot claimed he had never seen a single bad umpiring mistake in India! I could make a 3 hour compilation video of umpiring mistakes in India..... and probably a 20 dvd box set from Pakistan. :ph34r:
what about australia??

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I have video of the 1988 Aussie tour of Pakistan, haven't got around to uploading it yet, but after the first test the Aussie team threatened to go home, much like India in 2008, except the umpiring was just 100 times more abysmal, the most plumb lbw's not given against Miandad etc, yet the most shocking decisions against Australia, not even close at all some of them.I will have to find the time to edit them and show you all. Things werent much better in 1994.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni LBW after chopping it from outside offstump onto his pads - ODI vs. Australia in the 2006 Champions Trophy. Was the last ball of the innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can't find a vid of it, but I remember Taufel sawing off Sachin LBW to Collingwood at Trent Bridge in 2007. Padding up and offering no shot, but still missing off by about half a foot.

Bun

Banned
I can't find a vid of it, but I remember Taufel sawing off Sachin LBW to Collingwood at Trent Bridge in 2007. Padding up and offering no shot, but still missing off by about half a foot.
Taufel also saw off Ganguly.. legside dalyight between pad and bat..

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
great post, thanks mate
just one thing, i found the naming of these two of your posts a bit misleading...
INDIAN CHEATING 'AGAIN' - Harbhajan Singh blatant disregard for the spirit of cricket - YouTube
BRIAN LARA TERRIBLE LBW DECISION- VENKAT THE CULPRIT! 2003 vs Australia - YouTube

while in the first one words such as "cheating", "blatant Disregard for the spirit of cricket" were used, in the second one, there was a huge inside edge from Brian Lara's bat, and it was the australians who were appealing that time, full blown appeals...but no such words came while naming it...instead the umpire Mr. Venkat was the culprit here!!! seemed a bit unfair, that's all...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Taufel also saw off Ganguly.. legside dalyight between pad and bat..
I remember both those incidents. It was a random bad day for Taufel and everyone basically agreed he had enough credit in the bank.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
heh, that Dyson run-out is legendary.

In the vein of the above, anyone else remember Allan Donald's first World Cup ball to Geoff Marsh? How Brian Aldridge missed that one I'll never know, it was ridiculous.

EDIT: Here 'tis

EDIT2: I did laugh my arse off at the time, of course. Different story after the first hour, though....

Last edited:

benchmark00

Probs been mentioned, cbf reading this thread, but Katich's LBW in the 2005 Ashes where it pitched a foot outside leg was pretty bad.

Also the decision by the mods to ban me in 2006 was pretty awful too imo.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Worst Cricket Dismissal Ever - YouTube - I still don't understand, although there now appears to be an explanation on-thread
Allegedly:

a helpful youtuber said:
This dismissal is from Surrey vs Leeds/Bradford UCCE at The Oval, 15th April 2007. The batsman is Tom Merilaht, the Surrey wicket-keeper is Jon Batty, and the bowler is Mohammad Akram.The umpire at the bowler's end is Ian Gould.Some pundits... speculate that in the previous over, the batsman had hit the wicket but the umpire had called over.So it was mutually agreed that the bowler would bowl a ball and then he be given out next delivery (Ref: Unnikrishnan PJ)

Burgey

How to Convince a Umpire? :-) - YouTube - looked awful in real time, looks even worse now

Worst Cricket Dismissal Ever - YouTube - I still don't understand, although there now appears to be an explanation on-thread
Haha, that reminds me of that football match where a player went down injured, so one team kicked it out. The team threw it in and back passed it to the opposition keeper, but it went over his head and in for a goal.

So they then agreed to let the opposition score to even it up, except there was a new foreign player in the team which had just scored, who kep running around and tackling the other side, denying them a goal. I think that's on YouTube as well. Shall see if I can dig it out.