• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket for this Tournament​

Cricket Web Forum Fans User Competition - 1315098859

The 2011 Champions League Twenty20 will be the third edition of the Champions League Twenty20, an international Twenty20 cricket tournament. It will be held in India from 23 September to 9 October 2011.

Qualifying stage

Pool A

• Kolkata Knight Riders
  • Auckland Aces
  • Somerset

Pool B

• Trinidad and Tobago
  • Ruhuna Rhinos
  • Leicestershire Foxes
Fixtures

Mon Sep 19
Pool A - Ruhuna v Trinidad & Tobago
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Mon Sep 19
Pool B - Auckland v Kolkata Knight Riders

Tue Sep 20
Pool A - Leicestershire v Trinidad & Tobago

Tue Sep 20
Pool B - Auckland v Somerset

Wed Sep 21
Pool A - Leicestershire v Ruhuna

Wed Sep 21
Pool B - Kolkata Knight Riders v Somerset

Group stage

Group A

• Chennai Super Kings
  • Mumbai Indians
  • New South Wales Blues
  • Cape Cobras
  • Pool B Winner or Q2

Group B

• Royal Challengers Bangalore
  • Warriors
  • Southern Redbacks
  • Pool A Winner
  • 3rd Qualifier or Q3
Fixtures

Fri Sep 23
1st Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Warriors
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Sat Sep 24
2nd Match, Group A - Cape Cobras v New South Wales
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

Sat Sep 24
3rd Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians

Sun Sep 25
4th Match, Group B - Warriors v South Australia
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Sun Sep 25
5th Match, Group B - TBC v TBC
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Mon Sep 26
6th Match, Group A - Mumbai Indians v TBC

Tue Sep 27
7th Match, Group B - TBC v South Australia
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Wed Sep 28
8th Match, Group A - New South Wales v TBC

Wed Sep 28
9th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Cape Cobras

Thu Sep 29
10th Match, Group B - TBC v Royal Challengers Bangalore
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Fri Sep 30
11th Match, Group A - Mumbai Indians v Cape Cobras

Sat Oct 1
12th Match, Group B - South Australia v TBC

Sat Oct 1
13th Match, Group B - TBC v Warriors

Sun Oct 2
14th Match, Group A - Mumbai Indians v New South Wales

Sun Oct 2
15th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v TBC

Mon Oct 3
16th Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v TBC

Tue Oct 4
17th Match, Group A - Cape Cobras v TBC

Tue Oct 4
18th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v New South Wales

Wed Oct 5
19th Match, Group B - Warriors v TBC

Wed Oct 5
20th Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v South Australia

Fri Oct 7
1st Semi-Final - TBC v TBC (1st Group B v 2nd Group A)

Sat Oct 8
2nd Semi-Final - TBC v TBC (1st Group A v 2nd Group B)

Sun Oct 9
Final - TBC v TBC

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Don't be too surprised if half of the matches get washed out due to rain, its raining a lot in India currently.
Stupid scheduling, you can never be sure about September and the beginning of October in India,hope the rain stops.

brockley

International Captain
Have tried channel 10 but they put me onto the sports department who are in freefall,and they never return my messages,so the likihood is channel one won't show it.(not on their programmed list of sports).

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Don't be too surprised if half of the matches get washed out due to rain, its raining a lot in India currently.
Stupid scheduling, you can never be sure about September and the beginning of October in India,hope the rain stops.
Forget Chennai matches
Haha, yeah. It's getting difficult to buy the assertion that Srinivasan has a hold on the BCCI when all Chennai gets are matches pre-destined to be rained off.

Flem274*

123/5
I've never supported Auckland but I'll make an exception this time. No players robbed by IPL sides, everyone is available (I think) and Auckland has a quality limited overs side. Time to prove the haterz wrong and win this thang.

Oh, and the CL better pay up this time. Pretty sure some teams are still waiting on money owed from last year.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How exactly does the qualifiers work? Seems to me there's 2 pools of 3, the winners go through and so does Qualifier 3 - but how is Qualifier 3 determined, is it the team that offers the most money to the IPL pension fund?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This should have a subforum IMO.

Not because anyone give a **** about it, but because they don't. That way it can be ignored really easily.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How exactly does the qualifiers work? Seems to me there's 2 pools of 3, the winners go through and so does Qualifier 3 - but how is Qualifier 3 determined, is it the team that offers the most money to the IPL pension fund?
Indeed, wondered about that myself. I would hope it's a winner of 2nd v 2nd in the two preliminary groups, otherwise it's a complete farce.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That would be logical but it doesn't appear to be in the schedule so can assume it's not happening.

Mind you, expecting logical from the organisers of this tournament is misguided.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'll probably follow this half heartedly, it's p. much a joke extension of the IPL this time around.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
A couple of English players in the squads of the 'this is our tournament the rest of you can piss off and qualify even though your country is T20 world champion' sides - Owais Shah is playing for the Cape Cobras and Adil Rashid is in the South Australia squad. Will be interesting to see how they do. :)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'this is our tournament the rest of you can piss off and qualify even though your country is T20 world champion' sides
:laugh:

Seriously though, I don't see whats wrong with the organisers wanting their own country's teams to be in the competition rather than being kicked out in the qualifiers where they stand to lose revenue. It's not exactly a World Cup for domestic sides, and anyways, if the teams are good enough they'll qualify. After that point all the teams have an equal chance of winning the title. Not much difference as compared to Home sides qualifying automatically in certain tournaments.

Howe_zat

Audio File
:laugh:

Seriously though, I don't see whats wrong with the organisers wanting their own country's teams to be in the competition rather than being kicked out in the qualifiers where they stand to lose revenue. It's not exactly a World Cup for domestic sides, and anyways, if the teams are good enough they'll qualify. After that point all the teams have an equal chance of winning the title. Not much difference as compared to Home sides qualifying automatically in certain tournaments.
When it's added to twice as many IPL sides getting in as any other country, along with the IPL sides getting the first choice of players written into their contracts, it's quite clear that this tournament is designed to show off how much better than everyone else the IPL is.

Oh and it definitely does call itself "the World Cup of Club cricket".

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, or even that bad, but there's a streak of hubris running through the whole thing.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Shame Jos Buttler probably won't be there, would have been MVP.

Adil Rashid to be the leading wicket-taker.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Leicestershire were a fluke side this year tbh, don't expect them to do anything

And Somerset will be rubbish without their star players