• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Athlai

Not Terrible
Auckland bowled alright, but some dire batting too. Bates was pretty gun, he did bowl a genuine four ball in that last over though with that rank full toss. Even CD would have put it away.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Such bizarre sound effects and music, all disjointed and none of it really goes with what's happening. Add that to the commentary and I'll have to mute.

Shakib gone! G'wan Kiwis.
It'll be interesting to see what they use for the English teams. Probably Darius Danesh or something.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nice start. Eurosport still reporting on football when the wicket fell, now they've cut that short, but only to get a quick advert in. So useless.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Dan Norcross (chap behind Test Match Sofa) was paid to write a blog column on the Ashes for Yahoo! India. He told me that one every post he put up there, without exception, a dozen Indian fans felt the need to tell him that "no-one cares about the Ashes".
There's a general distaste for the notion of the Ashes being the premier contest in cricket on the mere basis of it being the oldest regularly contested bilateral series. There's a hint of a closed shop smugness to making a case for the Ashes along those lines, not unlike the American World Series, or the annoyance felt by some fans at the CLT20 claiming itself to be the world cup of domestic teams. If the article sought to talk up the Ashes along those lines, or made oblique references to it, that'd probably explain the comments. I don't think people have a problem with the actual series' themselves, which since 2005 have been very enjoyable for the neutral spectator to watch.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because of the dumb qualification system a big win alone has a good chance of putting Auckland through to the competition proper.

Howe_zat

Audio File
There's a general distaste for the notion of the Ashes being the premier contest in cricket on the mere basis of it being the oldest regularly contested bilateral series. There's a hint of a closed shop smugness to making a case for the Ashes along those lines, not unlike the American World Series, or the annoyance felt by some fans at the CLT20 claiming itself to be the world cup of domestic teams. If the article sought to talk up the Ashes along those lines, or made oblique references to it, that'd probably explain the comments. I don't think people have a problem with the actual series' themselves, which since 2005 have been very enjoyable for the neutral spectator to watch.
I see what you did there.

But I'm sure Dan wasn't trying to give that impression, just giving a naturally enthusiastic account of the series. Why would he try and make out the Ashes were superior while writing for an Indian website?

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I see what you did there.

But I'm sure Dan wasn't trying to give that impression, just giving a naturally enthusiastic account of the series. Why would he try and make out the Ashes were superior while writing for an Indian website?
Sorry, couldn't resist :p I don't know man. I haven't read the blog. Maybe they were just ***** with a chip on their shoulders. We've got a sixth of humanity here. Stands to reason that every sixth idiot on the internets is Indian too, and they'd naturally all gravitate toward the cricket sites in large swarms :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry, couldn't resist :p I don't know man. I haven't read the blog. Maybe they were just ***** with a chip on their shoulders. We've got a sixth of humanity here. Stands to reason that every sixth idiot on the internets is Indian too, and they'd naturally all gravitate toward the cricket sites in large swarms :p
Haha, nicely put.

SeamUp

International Coach
TALK ABOUT GROUP OF DEATH

Group A

Chennai Super Kings
Mumbai Indians
New South Wales Blues
Cape Cobras
Pool B Winner or Q2

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol @ the choking of NZ teams in this tournaments history. Didn't CD also have 2-3 incredibly close loses last year?

Flem274*

123/5
NZ team in actually competing when their players haven't been robbed by stupid tacky franchises shocker.

Would love nothing more than to get these IPL teams somewhere like South Africa without their overseas players. Would be beautiful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why the **** is Jayasuriya still playing?

FFS you're an MP now, go represent your constituents.