• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nice to see Chandimal on song. Looks like T&T have this though.

I'm told Sampath is Dilshan's brother, and is basically the same player but nowhere near as good.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That can't be right, everyone loves twenty20 remember
India really seems to just not rate games where India doesn't play.

This is a huge call but I reckon even if this match was held in NZ you'd get more punters than this.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India really seems to just not rate games where India doesn't play.

This is a huge call but I reckon even if this match was held in NZ you'd get more punters than this.
I feel typical indian fans ONLY buy match tickets to watch the Indian star batsmen hit 4's and 6's.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I feel typical indian fans ONLY buy match tickets to watch the Indian star batsmen hit 4's and 6's.
Is there just a general disinterest in India for non-India internationals? Is the general populous interested in who wins the WC when India drop out, or who wins the Ashes?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there just a general disinterest in India for non-India internationals? Is the general populous interested in who wins the WC when India drop out, or who wins the Ashes?
i've heard people say the typical indian fans (mostly pretty ignorant) only really keep track of india's performance.

would hardly care who won the ashes.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dan Norcross (chap behind Test Match Sofa) was paid to write a blog column on the Ashes for Yahoo! India. He told me that one every post he put up there, without exception, a dozen Indian fans felt the need to tell him that "no-one cares about the Ashes".

mono

U19 Debutant
i've heard people say the typical indian fans (mostly pretty ignorant) only really keep track of india's performance.

would hardly care who won the ashes.
I don't think that's a typically indian thing you see it in most countries with regard to most popular sport

shivfan

Banned
That was Season 2009. The next season, they didn't make it, and it was Guyana who qualified- and didn't last too long. There were concerns voiced by some Trinidad players about it, if I remember correctly.
It doesn't matter....if this was the footy Champions League, the 2009 and 2010 seasons would've been brought into consideration in the seedings, and Trinidad would've been given a bye into the main draw. But, instead, this is all about money, and the cricket associations funding this money-spinner are the ones with the teams in the main draw. This is all about money - nothing else.

Even though Trinidad have to do without two of their best players - Pollard and Big Bravo - it's good to see them winning at the end, thanks to a Kieron-like innings from Sherwin Ganga....

Flem274*

123/5
Good selections from Auckland. I wouldn't be surprised if they do well in this tournament: no poached players, a world class ODI bowler and lots of good limited overs players.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Robert Quiney must have the worst 20/20 record going. 14 average with the bat and a poor SR.