• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair effort from Somerset without Kieswetter & (especially) Buttler.

Alfonso copping a bit of an English accent too; good to see.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Btw, whoever Somerset's third reserve keeper or whatever it would be is, he sucks balls. Missed a dozen stumpings it seemed like, plus gave away byes. Reckon even Keiswetter would do better.

KKR are **** btw, would be sunk without RTD. Kallis too old, Yusuf Pathan is ****.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
tbf Quiney was only signed late during the HRV cup (he played one game) as a back up plan incase Jimmy Adams was unavailable for whatever reason came the Champions League. But yeah, a rather turgid signing when you think about it, Auckland would have been better off playing Kitchen or de Grandhomme imo.
It wasn't so much a signing as a back-up to Adams..you're allowed 4 overseas players in Champs League (only two in NZ) so they qualified Quiney on a one-off basis to boost their numbers that could play in India.

I never knew Quiney had such a sh*te Twenty20 record. You're benching de Grandhomme as a result, who was always good for a 20/25/30 at 200 last season in the HRV (very handy with these lowish scores) plus bowls good changes of pace. Yuck.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I don't care if its T20 or first class, I love it everytime I see Ryan ten Doeschate do well. That guy really deserved to play for an full member side to bring out his true potential.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
So two of my preferred teams made the main draw. While Somerset are a good team, Kartik needs a good CLT20, so that the selectors take him seriously, with him being the best spinner in multiple conditions, instead of wasting chances on uninspiring youngsters.

KKR need to realise that they need all eleven players to perform, and can't depend on Kallis and Binga all the time- which is anyway a bad idea in T20. I missed the Somerset innings, but given Shastri's assessment of the difference in fielding, I wonder what the coaching staff is really doing with them. There are no poor fielders in KKR (of the Munaf variety), so someone's not doing the job. Nothing's been done about the poor batting and strike rates- it's like they expect all of the twenty overs to be played by Kallis. There's been no homework, no research and no development- most of KKR batting appear to be T20 misfits! They need to get that sorted out and have Kallis-Yusuf-RTD-Tiwary-Shakib/Haddin as their top five, if they wish to score more.

Who doesn't love Bangalore? They've got Gayle, AB and DIlshan, as also several promising young Indian players who happen to be national prospects.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KKR have seemed to bat without a clear plan in both innings. Goswami looked especially clueless yesterday. Was hoping they didn't make the cut but the only two players I like in their team, RTD and Shakib, got them over the line.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Mumbai Indians saddled with many injured Indian players, and will be allowed to field 5 overseas players."

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Problem with Mumbai is that Malinga and Pollard aside, their other overseas players unless I’m mistaken are not very good. Jacobs is proving to be a one hit wonder, a better talker than hitter, James Franklin is a lower order batsman these days while the Blizzard guy will likely score 20 off 5 balls, but that’s all he is good for. Not like Bangalore or Kolkata who have got serious overseas bench strength.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Should just ban using overseas players, but then again the only point of this competition is for the IPL to show how good it is at robbery /troll