• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Aussie fast bowler

Greatest Aussie paceman???

• Total voters

Slifer

International Captain
Think this thread is long overdue. We all know that Mr Warnie is regarded as the greatest Oz spinner (and possibly of all time), no comment about Bradman or Adam Gilchrist in their respective traits. Who exactly though, is the greatest Aussie paceman. I have narrowed it down to the following: Lillee, Mcgrath, Lindwall, Miller, Davidson.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Lack of Trent Copeland in this poll is alarming.

I cannot answer the question. This will turn into the timeless CW debate of how you compare bowlers across time periods.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think this thread is long overdue. We all know that Mr Warnie is regarded as the greatest Oz spinner (and possibly of all time), no comment about Bradman or Adam Gilchrist in their respective traits. Who exactly though, is the greatest Aussie paceman. I have narrowed it down to the following: Lillee, Mcgrath, Lindwall, Miller, Davidson.
Also, MacGill > Warne.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Frederick Spofforth is a glaring omission. For me, it goes like:

McGrath > Lillee > Davidson >= Miller > Lindwall >= Spofforth

Last edited:

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
to answer the question briefly, Danis Lillee
and when it comes to 5, i would go with the list provided there...may be miller and lindwall would shift places

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Why is Miller's wpm ratio so low? Has a very good average and decent strike rate (although reasonably below ATG bowlers). Alan Davidson's record seems pretty good at first glance but even then JBMAC prefers Keith Miller to Alan Davidson

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lillee, though if Lindwall and Miller had a full career possibly not, or Ted MacDonald for that matter