• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vintage Cricket - Official Drafting Thread

iamdavid

International Debutant
Sanath T Jayasuria 4.02

matches:80

batting average:41.39
runs:5046
100's:10

bowling average:33.78
wickets:69
5wi:1

catches:60

Important to get my Sri Lankan out of the way early.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Wasn't aware that we had to pick one of each nation, teaches me not to read the rules..

4.03 Arjuna Ranatunga

Tests: 93

Batting: 35.70
Runs: 5105
Tons: 4

Bowling: 65.00
Wickets: 16
5wI: 0

Catches: 47

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
You guys don't mess around with the runs! One WK goes ... they all go ... one Sri Lankan goes ... they all go!

Of course, while y'all are picking good (but not great) players for positional and team scarcity, I'm stocking up on the big numbers all rounders as they're passed to me ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk in the middle

gibbsnsmith padding up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Denagamage Proboth Mahela de Silva Jayawardene

Bat: 47.88
Runs: 3543
100: 9

Bowl: 53.5
W: 4
5W: You do the math...

I'd forgotten about having to pick a player from each country. :P

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Tillekeratne

At least 13 tests at WK ... so I'm able to kill 2 birds with one stone here. I'll posts his test stats later.

PY UP

PY

International Coach
4.07 Martin Crowe

Matches - 77
Runs - 5444
100s - 17
Average - 45.37

Strike his bowling.

Noticed a lack of decent players for NZ as well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JohnnyA said:
Tillekeratne

At least 13 tests at WK ... so I'm able to kill 2 birds with one stone here. I'll posts his test stats later.

PY UP
Controversial here - he's played 11 of 77 matches as a keeper, and surely the stats used for him should be his stats as a keeper?

Not sure what other people thing of this, but I'm not so sure it's valid to use non-keeping stats for a keeper.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Controversial here - he's played 11 of 77 matches as a keeper, and surely the stats used for him should be his stats as a keeper?

Not sure what other people thing of this, but I'm not so sure it's valid to use non-keeping stats for a keeper.
10 game minimum for a position. The rules have said that from the outset. He actually played at east 13 games at WK. His first 11 games were as the full time WK, then he's filled in from time to time over the years. I hadn't planned it to pick Tillekeratne, but when the Sri Lankan's started to go, I could only think of him, then I remembered that he started of life as a keeper ... that counts as a good pick ... although there is a downside: I get less dissmissals than a normal keeper.

As for the fielding aspect. That includes all dismissals by all players in the field. Alec Stewarts catches he accumulated as a non-keeper count equal to the stats he got as a keeper. He just has more of them as a keeper.

Indeed, ace slippers like Botham , Taylor etc will have more dismissals than many normal keepers.

I'd like to have a full time keeper, because I'm losing out in the fielding stats. Some guys will have 250+ dismissals, whereas I have a paultry 80 odd. The pay off is that I get decent batting stats.

Jon

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Here's the link to the updated standings. I'll format the look of the page when i get time. It's a little blocky right now. Alos, if anyone knows how to hide the equations that haevn't been fillind in yet (Excel), I'd appreciate it:

VINTAGE CRICKET STANDINGS

MARC UP

Slats On Deck

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
just a quicky - I'm going to be away from 5 Nov to 9 Nov inclusive. Once I've done my 4th and 5th picks (hopefully by today or tomorrow) you can all slow down for a bit.

If I'm away before my next 2 picks, I'll email you a list of choices in priority sequence.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Javed Miandad:

Matches - 124
Runs - 8832
100s - 23
Average - 52.57

No bowling ta.

If he can do it in the League of Ages, he can do it here!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I think u did start something Age
Gotta get them out now i suppose

Chaminda Vaas

Bat: 19.46
Runs: 1557
100: 0

Bowl: 30.68
W: 216
5W: 7

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
4.10 Waqar Younis

Matches 87

Batting - let's just say that he did own one (1010 @ 10.20).

Fielding - 18 ct

Bowling

Wickets 373
Average 23.56
5 wickets 22