• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best spinner in the world right now?

Who is the best spinner in the world right now?

• Total voters

salman85

International Debutant
I was going through Ajmal's career today,and it's very impressive,which led to the 'Who is the best spinner in the world' question.

So who is it?Swann would probably be the most likely winner here,but let's bring on the arguments.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was going through Ajmal's career today,and it's very impressive,which led to the 'Who is the best spinner in the world' question.

So who is it?Swann would probably be the most likely winner here,but let's bring on the arguments.
Is it? He's had two series that can reasonably described as better than average, and one was taking apart a large clueless Windies lineup on helpful pitches. He's done well, but I'll hold off on singing his praises just yet.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well, Malinga's hat trick has been up on an Aussies youtube channel with success, so maybe this series is safe. Usually only India or England videos are risky, or recent home Aussie matches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just seen that now, beautiful stuff - the Sangakkara wicket especially. The majority were batsman hitting out in a panic (lol) but you've got to bowl well to force them into it. And a fab catch too.
Yeah, most of his best balls didn't actually take wickets, Sanga ball aside.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Soooo

Herath
Shah
Lyon
Ashwin

Cupboard not as bare as during the chucking era