• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Team Man

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
who according to u is the best team man? for me, from whatever i have seen, rahul dravid...in case one wants to know about the definition...(i am trying) a team man is the guy who is ready to do anything for the side, who puts the interests of the team ahead, and won't mind sacrificing the personal ones, be it a century or anything else...

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Matt Prior 100%

The fact he averages 45 or so in Test cricket is remarkable given the way he bats and the amount of declaration batting he has to do!

I reckon if he batted top 6 and was allowed to properly construct all of his Test innings, he'd be pushing Gilchrist and Flower's batting records close!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Matt Prior 100%

The fact he averages 45 or so in Test cricket is remarkable given the way he bats and the amount of declaration batting he has to do!

I reckon if he batted top 6 and was allowed to properly construct all of his Test innings, he'd be pushing Gilchrist and Flower's batting records close!
Could say exactly the same about Gilchrist. Never played a selfish innings.

JBMAC

State Captain
Mike Hussey springs to mind straight away. Also Border, Colin Cowdrey,Wes Hall,Wally Grout to name a few more for consideration.

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
The Team Man’s XI 99.94

Nice article from 99.94. Featuring Dravid, Muralitharan and Andy Bichel.
thnx mate, a nice article u supplied...but i don't think what it said about dravid is perfect though...got to remember the number of things he did for the side...kept wicket, opened batting...and so on and so forth...and if the article is trying to suggest that laxman won more tests for india than dravid, than i am not the one who agrees...but it mentions some important names...and thnx for sharing that link...

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Yeah Matteh/Adam we're gonna need you go out there and just slog the **** out of the ball...you don't mind do you?"

hmmm

Bun

Banned
Dravid

Kept
Opened
Batted down Batted up
Played T20, played ODIs
Will walk on water if need be

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Fantastic post.
yes, if we can run for something like best post of the month award, this will be the one for me...those two sentence put the thing in perspective nicely...(not a bad idea, is it? post of the month?) :D

Last edited: