• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any facts about wet wickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknife

International Captain
Don't think you should bother, the real motive of this thread (and the other ones he has started) is starting to crystallise. It's goes something like this:

-Start seemingly innocuous thread about wet wickets in general.
-Bring the Bradman being poor at playing on wet wickets argument into it.
-Try to establish an argument that Bradman was worse at playing on wet wickets than a select few of his contemporaries.
-Argue that because of that Bradman wasn't the best of his contemporaries.
-Use that to try and confirm Tendulkar is the best batsman of all time, 'The Batting Buddha' (haha).

This thread needs to be closed like the other one ASAP.
Nah that's just daft, are you sure about this?:ph34r:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Too much of minnow bashing going on in this thread :( Personally, I feel we should give the lad a break. If he thinks Sachin is the best, so be it. I and so many others believe the same as well.
How did everyone discover that the wet wickets topic was created to praise Sachin only? It could have been created genuinely to discover facts about wet wickets.
Though I do not know much about the factors involved in wet wickets and the factors it affects, Its an interesting topic and I would love to follow the thread if the discussions are about the topic.

archie mac

International Coach
Too much of minnow bashing going on in this thread :( Personally, I feel we should give the lad a break. If he thinks Sachin is the best, so be it. I and so many others believe the same as well.
How did everyone discover that the wet wickets topic was created to praise Sachin only? It could have been created genuinely to discover facts about wet wickets.
Though I do not know much about the factors involved in wet wickets and the factors it affects, Its an interesting topic and I would love to follow the thread if the discussions are about the topic.
The point is he starts these threads, which could be interesting and then hijacks them into a Bradman bashing thread until they are closed. The interesting debate is lost and instead we hear about SRT.

No one on this site thinks SRT is anything but a great batsman, still it is hard to argue with someone who averaged 100 so the only way is to try and bring Bradman down, that is to clutch at straws, such as his poor performances on wet wickets. If he thinks SRT is the best batsman start a thread called SRT better than the Don. Don't hide behind wet wicket threads:@

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I rather enjoyed my little exchange with Mr Sharma yesterday - most fun I've had on CW for a while tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.