• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official **** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
At least we now know the match was not cancelled. I'm hoping the PAK 206all out and ZIM 30-0 story is true. And I noticed Greg Lamb in there, hope he does well to displace Chigumbura.
Apparently took four wickets, Ncube got 2 and Ed 1. I read Pak were actually AO for 230, with Zim closing on 30 without loss.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That "Zimbabwe XI" isn't anything even resembling Zimbabwe's best team either; only Mawoyo out of this side playing in the Test against Bangladesh and he shouldn't have been there anyway.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think I'd have been surprised to see a couple of those bowlers in the Zimbabwe Test team. Well Rainsford basically.

Waller and Ervine are surely close to the team too?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think I'd have been surprised to see a couple of those bowlers in the Zimbabwe Test team. Well Rainsford basically.

Waller and Ervine are surely close to the team too?
Yeah I'd definitely have Rainsford in the Zimbabwe Test team pending full fitness but the selectors don't seem to quite agree. Rumours of him being a bit 'soft' don't do him any favours. I didn't realise Ervine was actually playing here; he was in the Test side against Bangladesh too.

It's probably fairly close to a Zimbabwe A team with a couple of random developmental players thrown in, but I was just making sure centurymaker didn't think it was Zimbabwe's strongest eleven after the vague post he made.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Cricinfo scorecard is a bit confusing because when Younis and Azhar were at the crease, Azhar was run out on the 42.6 over, which brought Misbah in. However according to the scorecard, Misbah got out on 43.1. Therefore he only faced one ball.

salman85

International Debutant
Aizaz gets a wicket.There will be celebrations in the neighborhood when 'Aizaz Bhai' returns :D

Also,Junaid has impressive figures.He's only destroyed minnows so far,but he looks very promising.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheema severely underbowled. Looks like he was brought back as an afterthought to mop up the tail as well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Justice scores 70 against a team featuring Saeed Ajmal? Well I never...
Yeah, that was a surprise, even more so than Lamb scoring runs. Justice probably enjoyed facing spinners who flight the ball and not the dart merchants. Fancy Rehman would have done him in.

Pak batting misfiring wouldn’t be an issue here I feel, as unlike Bangladesh, their spinners (Ajmal and Hafeez) will really test Zim, especially in Bulawayo.

Xuhaib

International Coach
this was shower of **** from Pakistan both Cheema and Sohail struggling against Zim II our bowling stocks look weak::(