• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official **** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

salman85

International Debutant
I like Azhar's game but I worry about that top score of 92. Nine unconverted fifties, for a #3, is a sizeable problem.
Yes the conversion is a problem.But he has the technique and temperament,and he has managed to get decent scores on difficult wickets in England too.I think the conversation ratio will become better,and it's only a matter of time till he does so.He's usually in early courtesy of our hopeless opening pair,and he handles the new ball well,so opening with a combination of Azhar-Hafeez would be a good idea IMO.

Anyway,they should be able to bring down the deficit to -30/40 before stumps today, and assuming that the team gets another 250 odd tomorrow,i guess Zimbabwe could be tested on the 5th day.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be a good game yet. Similar so far to the Bangladesh test. Slow and a real grind yet a lot happened on days 4 and 5. Hopefully we get a repeat here and a result.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe would be well on top if they'd taken their catches. As it is Pakistan in charge, but much depends on how their tail goes

slowfinger

International Debutant
Don't see why Pakistan don't go for a bit of a slogfest untill lunch, get a nice lead and put some pressure on the 'Babweans. Misbah looking productive but Younis' strike rate is a slight problem at the moment. We can't bowl them out in a hurry, not with the current bowling attack anyways. Thats what you get for not putting in the Gul,

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I don't like Current bowling line up of Pakistan. Specially Aizaz Cheema is a shame for a country which produced lots of good fast bowlers. He doesn't have any pace and can't pitch the ball up. Don't know who selected him. He might have good domestic track record as they produce green top pitches at times in Quaid e Azam trophy but for me he is a nothing bolwer.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't like Current bowling line up of Pakistan. Specially Aizaz Cheema is a shame for a country which produced lots of good fast bowlers. He doesn't have any pace and can't pitch the ball up. Don't know who selected him. He might have good domestic track record as they produce green top pitches at times in Quaid e Azam trophy but for me he is a nothing bolwer.
That's harsh. He bowled decently imo. The track wasn't offering much assistance and at least he didn't serve up rubbish unlike Sohail.

salman85

International Debutant
Umar's loss is a blow.If he was still playing,then the chances of quick runs tomorrow would have been very good.But now with him gone and Younis in snail mode,i think this match is heading for a draw.Adnan Akmal does not have the same ability with the bat like Umar afaik,so i don't a lot can be expected from him.But the pitch is a road,so maybe Younis can speed up things and Adnan can slog around a bit.Let's see.

smash84

The Tiger King
younis is batting terribly slowly. At this pace they will have to bat the next 2 days to have a decent lead. The match seems to be heading for a draw unless they score quickly tomorrow and Sohail Khan has an epiphany and finally manages to pitch the ball in the right areas (both of the scenarios I doubt)

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Option 3: Pakistan collapse early tommorow, Zimbabwe get bowled out for 220 and Pakistan collapse on day five as the pitch cracks up