• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

my batting stats

so i joined school cricket league this year, i am a batsmen, but i have been struggling. I started of well but last few games have been really bad for me

I dont want to post the whole scorecards but just my figures, we have played 15 matches so far

Runs,balls,fours,sixes
17 (25) 2, 0
33 (47) 4, 0
54 (96) 3, 1
7 (14) 0, 0
74* (92) 9, 0
23 (34) 2, 0
6 (14) 0, 0
42(77) 3, 0
8 (22) 0, 0
16 (23) 2,0
27 (45) 2,0
0 (3) 0, 0
11 (25) 0, 0
0 ( 6) 0, 0
3 (19) 0, 0

average after 15 matches: 22.92

^ lasts 7 games have been really bad for me, i am only averaging 9 lol

in the first 8 matches, my average is over 32

one of the problems has been that i haven't played all the games, and their have been long gaps between the games for me. for example my first match that i scored 17 in was played on March 22 of this year

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What is your question?

Do you want us to comment on whether your average is good?
In case you want some feedback - I think it all depends on what your goals are - if you want to represent your country one day then you will need to improve.
If you want to just play for fun like most of us do then I think an average of 20 makes you a useful player in the team. And a top score of 72 is nothing to sneeze at - I have been playing for thirty years and I only have a handful of higher scores.

Keep up the good work.