• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vintage Cricket Draft Anyone?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You suck slats! ...lol

For everybody interested, I was talking to Slats on MSN after he picked Hadlee, I also didn't realise that Hadlee had been picked, I was saying how I was going to pick A.B. for my next pick!

Just a lesson for everyone - hold your cards close to your chests!!!

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
You suck slats! ...lol

For everybody interested, I was talking to Slats on MSN after he picked Hadlee, I also didn't realise that Hadlee had been picked, I was saying how I was going to pick A.B. for my next pick!

Just a lesson for everyone - hold your cards close to your chests!!!
Most people try to do the opposite e.g. make posts about how rare this category is, or this player is injured etc ... all the while trying to push people in another direction in order to protect your next pick LOL

Some under the table drafting strategy to remember ;)

Jon

P.S. Mister Wright if you're heading out, or goin to bed, you can email me 3 possible players and I'll make your picks for you ... when Luckyeddie finally wakes up :)

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
age_master said:
nah, he always had AB in mind, but i wouldn't do it again, just incase you do give something away
yeah i recommended hi mto Ian 2 days ago

Mister Wright

My second and third innings are complete. I've kept Gavaskar's bowling stats there until we decide what we're going to do with batter's bowling stats.

I couldn't have Border, so I went for the next best, couldn't go past him.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Drafted so far:

1.01 - Stewart
1.02 - Lohmann
1.03 - Bradman
1.04 - Muralitharan
1.05 - Botham
1.06 - Sobers
1.07 - Gibbs
1.08 - Imran Khan
1.09 - Kapil Dev
1.10 - Gilchrist
1.11 - Waugh, S.

2.01 - Walsh
2.02 - Hadlee
2.03 - Flower, A.
2.04 - Walcott
2.05 - Sangakara
2.06 - Pollock, S.
2.07 - Knott
2.08 - Boucher
2.09 - Border
2.10 - Tendulkar
2.11 - Wasim Akram

3.01 - Gavaskar
3.02 - Ames

Last edited:

Mister Wright

I noticed PY tried to slip in 50s for Malcolm Marshall...nice try, but as far as I'm aware we are not counting 50s 8D

Nice pick by the way.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
I thought all along that Murali was a great pick. And now Arivinda has been snagged right from the top of my list :!( I'm impressed :)

Ah well ... back to the drawing board.

Is anyone keeping a spreadsheet on the standings as they're being updated?

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well i picked one and then everyone else decided that they would try to get what goo dplayers are left

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
age_master said:
well i picked one and then everyone else decided that they would try to get what goo dplayers are left
We're going crazy with the runs ... I suppose we'll see NZ'ers flying off the board now because someone picked up Martin Crowe :)

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
In reply to a point made by Neil Pickup on the other thread:

The 10 game minimum refers to batting positions (opener, middle order and WK). The scoring system should be sufficient to police the positioning of players. If you place players who are primarilly batters in the bowling slots, then you'll do well in the batting categories, but you'll get completely swamped in the bowling categories, and probably finish in the bottom 3 or 4 at the end :)

I think that perhaps we should put a 100 wicket limit on qualification for bowling slots, and a 2000 run limit on the batting slots. We have 1 utility slot which can be used for either.

Is everyone OK with this?