• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Spark

Global Moderator
Wed Aug 31
Only T20I - England v India
Old Trafford, Manchester

Sat Sep 3
1st ODI - England v India
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

Tue Sep 6
2nd ODI - England v India (D/N)
The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Fri Sep 9
3rd ODI - England v India (D/N)
Kennington Oval, London

Sun Sep 11
4th ODI - England v India
Lord's, London

Fri Sep 16
5th ODI - England v India (D/N)
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Limited over games after the test series always seem a bit underwhelming to me. After the Lord Mayor's show and all that.

With India's outs we should start as favs (& do in reality, having checked), but think India might save some face.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who cares. The main task of the summer has been done comprehensively. This series is a total afterthought and waste of time.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin to get his 100th 100 in the first ODI
i really hope that he takes some revenge for the humiliation in the test series by smashing the english bowlers, particularly Broad.

should just go after broad and the other bowlers

like he did in 2007

2nd ODI: England v India at Bristol, Aug 24, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

5th ODI: England v India at Leeds, Sep 2, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

6th ODI: England v India at The Oval, Sep 5, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Alas, we won 4-3 :cool:

Was actually a really good ODI series. Close games and it went to the wire.

Broad should do serious damage here anyway. He's unreal in ODIs when on form.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Actually We have very good Batting line up!!If we played to our Potential We can this one with ease!!That being said..We were thinking the same for Test's..Let's hope for the Best...

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
T20 squad's not bad.

Stuart Broad (captain, Nottinghamshire)
Ravi Bopara (Essex)
Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)
Jos Buttler (Somerset)
Jade Dernbach (Surrey)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
Craig Kieswetter (Somerset)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
Kevin Pietersen (Surrey)
Ben Stokes (Durham)
Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)

Hales is a yes. Glad to see the back of Lumb. Excited by Buttler too.

I should think there'll be one spot between Bopara and Stokes. I'm not sure why you'd pick Stokes if he can't bowl.

I'd like to see all the pacers go in but I expect one to be left out for Patel.

Likely XI:

Hales
Kieswetter
KP
Morgan
Bopara
Patel
Buttler
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Dernbach

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Essex chav in both squads, even if you're one of the few members of the Bopara family who like him you wouldn't have the guy anywhere near a T20 squad, his strike rate is below 100 ffs.

Spark

Global Moderator
i really hope that he takes some revenge for the humiliation in the test series by smashing the english bowlers, particularly Broad.

like he did in 2007

2nd ODI: England v India at Bristol, Aug 24, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

5th ODI: England v India at Leeds, Sep 2, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

6th ODI: England v India at The Oval, Sep 5, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
That's a long time ago. Broad when remotely on song is a very tricky customer in ODIs and in form is amongst the very best in the world.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hales is a yes. Glad to see the back of Lumb. Excited by Buttler too.

I should think there'll be one spot between Bopara and Stokes. I'm not sure why you'd pick Stokes if he can't bowl.
Lumb's crocked, isn't he?

I like the cut of Stokes's jib too, even if he can't bowl. The trouble is I suspect Ravi's improving seamers will get him the nod.

Jacknife

International Captain
Surprised they've rested KP, really expected him to tuck in to the Indian bowlers and have a great series,strange since he hasn't looked as in form a this in a while.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Here's the ODI squad in full:

Alastair Cook (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter (wk), Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Ben Stokes, Graeme Swann, Jonathan Trott

So what's the likely starting XI going to be?

Cook
Kieswetter
Trott
Morgan
Bell
Bopara / Stokes / Patel
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson / Finn
Dernbach

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

like he did in 2007

Massacrehnas was insane in two of those games.