• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft 2011

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty pleased with Polly, one of the gunnest players ever imo.

Well, I've got my number 8 but this round is a tricky one. A few there you wouldn't want to end up with.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Be thankful for the squad so if you end up with a Paul Harris it's not a disaster. Last time we had 11 only and there were some evil nominations (Hoe in particular)

pskov

International 12th Man
Eddie Barlow is a good start for my team. A very good opener and a competent fourth/fifth bowler.

Sent in my bids and nomination.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I read the table wrong then, because I though the 3M was for Tayfield. Is there a way then to align each player selected with his purchase price.
It helps set the market for future bids and helps with competitor spending trends.

smash84

The Tiger King
Nice start. :)
Well I read the table wrong then, because I though the 3M was for Tayfield. Is there a way then to align each player selected with his purchase price.
It helps set the market for future bids and helps with competitor spending trends.
you didn't read the table wrong. Just that Marc didn't place the amount of the successful bid next to the purchase made.

Marc can you add the amount of the successful bid along with the username of the purchaser?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
you didn't read the table wrong. Just that Marc didn't place the amount of the successful bid next to the purchase made.

Marc can you add the amount of the successful bid along with the username of the purchaser?
No, winning bids for each player are kept secret by Marc so that one doesn't have an idea about the remaining budget of the others. That's a norm for auction drafts.

You are a stupid that you disclosed your winning bid amount and let us know your remaining budget, so that we can strategise accordingly (though one could guess, in this case). :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm very happy to get my 14th man in the squad early - Paul Harris that is (though I think I paid too much for him).

...will be useful in the nets in case my star batsmen need some practice against crappy left-arm spin...

My strategy is working fine so far. Round 2 will be interesting, some crappy names there too! Good opportunity for securing the second reserve player :)

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Be thankful for the squad so if you end up with a Paul Harris it's not a disaster. Last time we had 11 only and there were some evil nominations (Hoe in particular)
Just to clarify, Marc isn't suggesting that I'm an evil nomination :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
happy to get Amla.. guess its a bit of a steal to get a man averaging 50+ at that price..

Sent my bids and nom for round 3, too. :)

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Round 2 Bids and Round 3 Nomination sent.

Very happy to get Bland as he averaged nearly 50 with and the bat and is also arguably the greatest fielder ever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just to confirm, people are all aware that if they don't submit a winning bid they end up paying the same as the top bid in the round for whoever's left (which is going to be a donkey)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Just to confirm, people are all aware that if they don't submit a winning bid they end up paying the same as the top bid in the round for whoever's left (which is going to be a donkey)
I hope that's not for me. Just to clarify, I have modified only 2 bids. The other bids stand as sent earlier.