• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft 2011

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry HB, Hopefully there is another draft not too far away.
Good luck on the work stuff.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This round is really tricky. I wish I knew which team combinations I'm going to get in rounds 9 and 10! Life would have been so easier in this round had I known that!

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
Pretty sure I've already sent my bids in marc, but I'll send the email again just to make sure.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Round 8 is complete and the following are drafted:

Shoaib Akhtar - Blakus
Wasim Akram - Somerset
MS Dhoni - smalishah84
Saurav Ganguly - four_or_six
Zaheer Khan - Howe_Zat
Virat Kohli - Himannv
Vijay Merchant - pskov
Javed Miandad - weeman27bob
Mohammad Nissar - kyear2
Irfan Pathan - weldone
Erapalli Prasanna - Michael7777777
Waqar Younis - Pothas
Salim Yousuf - Samuel_Vimes

I added in Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan.

The successful bids were as follows: $4, $311,111, $500,000, $572,000, $650,000, $800,000, $1,187,654, $1,301,000, $1,560,000, $2,250,000, $2,400,000, $2,511,111.

Samuel_Vimes failed to submit so gets the penalty of $2,511,111.

Round 8 has the following players:

Curtley Ambrose
Sydney Barnes
Geoffrey Boycott
Tim Bresnan
Denis Compton
Andrew Flintoff
Tony Greig
Jack Hobbs
Brian Lara
Viv Richards
Andy Roberts
Ian Salisbury
Devon Smith

Deadline of 4pm GMT on Friday for bids and a player from Bangladesh or Sri Lanka please.

pskov

International 12th Man
Pleased to get Merchant, such a great talent as proved on his two tours to England where he scored stacks and stacks of runs. If only he didn't lose the majority of his international career to the war and ill health.

Eddie Barow
Vijay Merchant
Frank Worrell*
Mark Boucher+
Richard Hadlee
Ray Lindwall
Brian Statham

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Jonathan Trott
Sourav Ganguly (*)
Ian Smith (+)
Shaun Pollock
Shane Warne
Allan Donald
Dave Mohammad

Love Ganguly. The basis of a good side there, IMO of course. And definitely a side I'd pay to watch.