• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft 2011

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As suggested following on from the scorecard draft. The basic rules will be the same as last time, but this time round we will be splitting the nominations by nations (so each round will have a different block of players from which the nominations can be selected)

Any player who has ever played a Test is valid for nomination.

Anybody interested who hasn't played before, check out the original auction thread to get a rough idea of how it goes. It is a good fun game, and because it runs slightly slower than other drafts (maximum of 2 rounds per week), there is less commitment required to keep it going from early on.

Email address remains the same: cwauctiondraft@gmail.com and in the first instance I want everybody who is interested in joining to email that address to email me with the following information in their mail:

Username.
Nomination for round 1, which will be a player from South Africa or Sri Lanka.

ear in mind that the nominations are all kept secret (so as not to let others know who you are looking at signing) and that although I will make the number on offer up to the total required for the auction I don't want to have to get 15 or 20 players because you've all picked Murali so use your imagination (don't forget that every player nominated has to be taken by someone in the draft).

Any questions, post them in here and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
count me in, will send email...

What about total fund per team, total no. of rounds etc etc? And can we know from beforehand which countries we'll get in the coming rounds?

smash84

The Tiger King
In before another 20 people join the bandwagon :p.....

will be emailing you by tonight after going through the rules

Himannv

International Coach
In. Sent a mail just now, hope you got it marc.

I'm leaving town tonight though and will be back on Sunday night. Hope I'll have enough time to send in my bids.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There's no limit to numbers, am thinking 15 rounds.

Won't reveal which nations are when so as to spice things up a bit and add random factor.

Certainly won't be starting till after the weekend, need to allow time for people to read and enter (plus the forum is going to be down for a while)

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Been a while since I posted on this forum. An Auction draft sounds like a fun way to get back into the swing of things. Count me in.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
9 entries received to date:

Himannv
Blakus
Howe_Zat
Samuel_Vimes
honestbharani
pskov
weeman27bob
four_or_six
Michael7777777

Interestingly had 9 different players nominated.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, nothing yet. With the site downtime and me being away most of the weekend I never intended starting it for a few more days. Up to 11 entrants, but always room for more!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've had 12 in, weldone. smalishah and Pothas. Will give it till the weekend then start things going (since I won't have time to do anything before then) so we're still open for any late entrants.