• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn Mcgrath or Malcolm Marshall?

Mcgrath vs Marshall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth018

Banned
Since the Aussie vs Windies thread just closed out of nowhere (don't know why the debate was still going on and I didn't even get a chance to vote :@ ) thought I would start this since most people were discussing this in there anyways.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Do we really have to? Nothing will be proved at all by debating about bowlers from different eras. Cant everyone just accept a great bowler is a great bowler?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He is not asking for any proof, just pick the one you prefer while being respectful to the other.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
TBF, as high as I rate Marshall I have reservations about the quality of the batsmen he faced whereas I don't at all with McGrath. What McGrath also achieved considering the disadvantages of his era is also quite extraordinary. Marshall though probably has one of the cleanest CVs for a bowler. A hair's width either way. I assume we're talking about them purely as bowlers because Marshall could also hold a bat.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Good point, is this Tests, ODIs or both? If it's ODIs or both; it's pretty clearly McGrath.

archie mac

International Coach
Marshall was entertaining and a good bowler. McGrath was a good bowler but boring so the former for me:)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Well, compare the line-ups of the eras and I think you'll understand what I mean.

smash84

The Tiger King
Most of the Marshall that I have seen comes from Rob's videos and he seems bloody awesome. In ODIs it is no comparison I suppose has to be McGrath but then on CW the default format for discussing bowling is test matches so I will go for Marshall.

I guess Chappell's statement fits here better when comparing these two. "Marshall could do everything that McGrath could and do it 10 mph quicker"

Status
Not open for further replies.