• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb's great disappearing act....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I appreciate it's hard to stomach when your team is getting absolutely decimated Test after Test, I am a NZ fan after all :p But don't true fans stick it out through thick & thin?

Which leads me to my question......Where have Cricket-Web's Indian fans disappeared to in recent weeks? With the exception of Cevno, HB, Jono (to a lesser extent) and a few others who've fronted up & continue to fly the Indian flag through these tough times, it seems like 95% have completely vanished on the back of this hammering.

Of course it's natural for less fans to front up when their team has been humiliated like this, but this feels like it's gone from around 50-100 regular fans, to about 4-5 in a matter of weeks. I certainly don't remember the Australian fans disappearing to this extent when England had secured the recent Ashes series by the 3rd or 4th test. Then again, it might just be my reading of it.

benchmark00

Thought this thread was going to be about your sisters underpants last time I was over at your house.

Spark

Global Moderator
They're still around. Bun's banned but Cevno, Jono, GI Joe etc are still around. vcs and Shri are having a self-enforced layoff until the series is over IIRC.

Xuhaib

International Coach
poor thread.

Most are still around and even if some are not whats their to assume its because of couple of test match losses for their team maybe they are genuinely busy, there is also life outside cricketweb.

archie mac

International Coach
poor thread.

Most are still around and even if some are not whats their to assume its because of couple of test match losses for their team maybe they are genuinely busy, there is also life outside cricketweb.
I think it fair enough, I have been wondering the same thing. Quiet and a little boring without the Indian fans:)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Most of the Indian disappearances are from the likes of Anku and dhonisgland, the people who signed up just to discuss the series*. The only "proper" CWer to go is probably vcs, who left for the entirety of the series, he'll be back I'm sure. Shri had his reasons too.

Still plenty of good Indian posters here.

*also annoy us

Flem274*

123/5
Most of the Indians are still around. GI Joe hasn't been sighted on other forums he's on either, so it's probably not just a CW thing.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I have been around all through the series and so have Daemon and Centurymaker.
VCS announced during the first test itself that he was going to stay away for this series, while Shri has been away since months before the series.

Jono has been less regular because he is in the U.K right now travelling. Bun is banned and Blaze turned out to be a Multi.

The rest like G.I Joe, 8ankitj, Weldone, HB, Contra, Nsniks, Cricaddict,Turbinator Outswinger@Pace etc... have all been around the same amount as they usually are. Infact the likes of Manee and SJS(great to have him around) have been more present since India began to lose:p

The only one who really left since India began to lose was Anku and maybe Oitotoitoi who showed up for a slight duration.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

I have no problem if they decide to leave for a bit. Crikey this forum isn't the be all and end all of life is it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Also i think what maybe giving this impression is that there are more English fans on the forums, and more of them have gotten more active so among more posts from them the posts from Indian fans may seem less.
Also most of the Australians and others have been supporting England this series.Partially perhaps because they want their own loss earlier look less bad:p

archie mac

International Coach
Also i think what maybe giving this impression is that there are more English fans on the forums, and more of them have gotten more active so among more posts from them the posts from Indian fans may seem less.
Also most of the Australians and others have been supporting England this series.Partially perhaps because they want their own loss earlier look less bad:p
This:) or less partially and more mostly itbt:)

Athlai

Not Terrible
The top Test teams are all so unlikable at the moment.

Australia -everyone hates Australia, also Ponting is the direst ****
India - aging batsman and **** house bowlers, also Harby and Zaheer are the direst ****s
England - a couple pretty cool blokes but I don't think anyone can deny that the likes of Broad are dire, also the English media is so far up its own ass it's ridiculous, both the English and Indian fans have been below par in the last year or two as well
South Africa - full of South Africans

Dark days for cricket.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Australia -everyone hates Australia, also Ponting is the direst ****
India - aging batsman and **** house bowlers, also Harby and Zaheer are the direst ****s
England - a couple pretty cool blokes but I don't think anyone can deny that the likes of Broad are dire, also the English media is so far up its own ass it's ridiculous, both the English and Indian fans have been below par in the last year or two as well
South Africa - full of South Africans

Dark days for cricket.
:laugh:

Applies to someone else too:p

Though i think for the neutrals South Africans would be the most likeable of the four at the moment or the Srilankans.

Status
Not open for further replies.