• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar Resigns as Pakistan Coach

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan obviously felt left out with all the media focussing on the Australian selectors

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Good news, I hope the PCB gets someone professional to do this job. That does not mean get people like Geoff Lawson.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It's only a rumour at the moment guys, but Jang News (Pakistani news paper - Urdu) has printed an article on this and they have said that Waqar is suffering from Liver Disease. They have also said that if not treated it could become cancerous. So I hope you guys stop with the jokes, because it could potentially be a very serious matter.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah couple of friends who move around in the inner circles of Pakistan cricket reckon its a serious life threatening medical condition, hope Waqar recovers from it soon.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:( @ Waqar not being involved with Pakistan cricket. :cry: @ the possibility of the reason being something health-related.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has confessed that he is dying to play for the national team once again.

Speaking on a show on Geo TV, Afridi also made some scathing remarks on the resignation of Waqar Younis as Pakistan team coach after the Zimbabwe tour.

"My heart bleeds to play for Pakistan and I am dying to play for my country. I even wanted to go to Zimbabwe and hopefully at the right time I will make a comeback to the team," Afridi said.

The flamboyant all-rounder announced his retirement from all international cricket in protest in late May after the Pakistan board removed him as captain of the national one-day team after a dispute with Waqar on the West Indies tour which was highly publicized.

Afridi has repeatedly said that he can make a comeback only when better people come into the team management.

Interestingly some cricket analysts point out that since Afridi's retirement the entire team management of the national side has been changed and indications are now he will return to the team soon.

Earlier this month, the board removed Intikhab Alam as manager and also changed assistant coaches, Aaqib Javed and Shahid Aslam while yesterday Waqar announced his resignation due to personal and health reasons insisting he had no complaints against anyone and his decision was not cricket related.

But Afridi said that he failed to understand that if Waqar had resigned why was he being sent as coach on the Zimbabwe tour.

"I don't know but I feel if he has any issues he should have faced them. He didn't look to have health problems to me but now if that has changed I don't know about that," Afridi said.

The allrounder said he owed a lot to Pakistan and wanted to represent the country but retired because the environment in the team was not congenial.

"They need to bring in more sensible and good people into the team management and if that happens I will reconsider my decision to retire," he said.

"I have been moved by the support shown to me by the people. I owe them a lot."

The former captain said that it was unfortunate but the board had not treated players well and didn't have proper communication with them that led to lot of problems in the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afridi the big mouth at it again if the rumored health problems of Waqar turn up to be true this will make this idiot look an even bigger ****.

Total tool.

Last edited: