• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland v England at Dublin

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Can anyone use their powers of foresight to predict what the lineups will be? I am especially interested to know who will open the bowling for each team and who will be the first, second and third change bowlers.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something like:

Stirling
Porterfield
Joyce
Cusack
NOB
Wilson
KOB
Johnston
White
Dockrell
Rankin

Rankin and Johnston opening the bowling, obvz.

FBU

International Debutant
Cook
Kieswetter
Trott
Bell
Bopara
Morgan
Patel
Woakes
Swann
Dernbach
Finn

Reserves Taylor, Tredwell, Stokes, Wright

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
No point risking Trott. Also gives us chance to play Taylor. Bres will play as well imo, probably in place of Patel tho

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd hope that Taylor is given a chance, Trott should be allowed to play late season games for Warwickshire to help their title challenge but his international summer should be over. Not essential he plays and no need to rush him back as he may struggle for form after injury.

This one day series against India and the T20's v them and WI are ideal times to test out a few young players for the future so Stokes, Woakes and Bairstow should be involved at some stage too. If nothing else it gives them a taste of international cricket and they can see the level they need to get to long term to become part of the set up.

Jacknife

International Captain
Taylor in for Trott and Stokes in for Bell for me. Bowling line up of Swann, Broad, Bresnan and I'm undecided about giving Jimmy a break and let Dernbach play.

Kieswetter
Cook
KP
Taylor
Morgan
Stokes
Patel
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Jimmy/Dernbach

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I figured we may as well have a match thread rather than this getting lost with all the England India stuff.

Could be a good match, I hope they get good weather for it. :)

FBU

International Debutant
Taylor in for Trott and Stokes in for Bell for me. Bowling line up of Swann, Broad, Bresnan and I'm undecided about giving Jimmy a break and let Dernbach play.

Kieswetter
Cook
KP
Taylor
Morgan
Stokes
Patel
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Jimmy/Dernbach
Last time in Ireland
Bopara, Denly, Trott, Prior, Collingwood, Shah, Wright, Rashid, Swann, Bresnan, Sidebottom.

Broad, Anderson and Morgan went but were rested. Our three fast bowlers need a rest so shouldn't go. Bresnan played because he wasn't in the Test team at the time.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Ah man, gonna be on the other side of the world for this match too. I've missed every single Ireland match this year. Hope we put up a better bowling performance than what we did in this match.

Jacknife

International Captain
Last time in Ireland
Bopara, Denly, Trott, Prior, Collingwood, Shah, Wright, Rashid, Swann, Bresnan, Sidebottom.

Broad, Anderson and Morgan went but were rested. Our three fast bowlers need a rest so shouldn't go. Bresnan played because he wasn't in the Test team at the time.
Actually, somewhere in the middle of listing the players I thought would play, I forgot this was a thread about who's going to play against Ireland, so yes they'd probably want to rest a few players after the test series.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England's squad announced.

Eoin Morgan (captain), Jonathan Bairstow, Ravi Bopara, Scott Borthwick, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Graham Onions, Samit Patel, Ben Stokes, James Taylor, Jonathan Trott, Chris Woakes

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Doesn't look like the poms are taking this seriously. Carn Ireland!

Will be interesting to see what happens to England when a team competes with them for the first time this winter.:ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Difficult trying to work out what the lineup will be, not just personnel but the actual batting order.

Kieswetter
Trott
Essex Chump
Taylor
Morgan
Stokes
Fatel
Woakes
Borthwick
Onions
Dernbach

Leaving Bairstow and Finn out. But it could be anything. It's a rather long tail if Onions/Dernbach/Finn all play, so I figure one of those will get left out and they'd surely want to have a look at Onions again. Not sure which way round Essex Chump and Trott. The 13 is light on top order options and heavy on middle order options.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nice to see a few of the youngsters getting a crack (or craic, given the venue).

Would've liked to see Hales get a go too tho. We seem to lack a natural opener and the big fella fills that hole.

Not sure about risking Trott with his shoulder either, but if he's fit I suppose he's had a rest.