• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar Autobiography

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
lol 60% of Pakistanis are literate, which includes being able to write your name only. Shoaib is very proficient at writing his own name, therefore he is literate. :laugh:

BlazeDragon

Banned
The guy had about the worst end to his career. Even with all his problems in the past and everything I thought he deserved better and it was sad to see him go out that way. :(

Still think he should have been at least given a chance to play after that NZ game.

smash84

The Tiger King
The guy had about the worst end to his career. Even with all his problems in the past and everything I thought he deserved better and it was sad to see him go out that way. :(

Still think he should have been at least given a chance to play after that NZ game.
I heard that Waqar had a lot of say in Shoaib not playing after that match against NZ. Not sure though since it is a rumor only.

Maybe his autobiography should be title The Hog's Warts :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
has the potential to be comedy gold on a serious note Akhtar comes across as a good talker on the game whenever I have seen him talk on cricket who knows maybe it will be a decent read.

smash84

The Tiger King
somehow I doubt that it will be a good read.

Read Javed Miandad's autobiography recently and it was quite crap

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He will be only the 9th Pakistani cricketer to have published an autobiography and the only one of his generation - I expect it will sell pretty well however much it may lack in quality

smash84

The Tiger King
He will be only the 9th Pakistani cricketer to have published an autobiography and the only one of his generation - I expect it will sell pretty well however much it may lack in quality
Unfortunately reading and writing was never a pastime in our country. I so wish we as a nation could develop some good (or even some) reading habits.

salman85

International Debutant
I'm sure it will be a great read.Lack of discipline yes,but he's always been a very honest player.Despite all his off the field issues,the controversies,he is one player who was never EVER accused of match fixing which for a country with a history of match fixing accusations,is incredible when you consider that he was one of the biggest crowd pullers in world cricket.

I've hated his guts off and on,but I've also loved what he brought to the game,but more than that, I've never questioned his commitment to the team whenever his body allowed him to play.A true cricket rock star.

I don' think Naseem Ashraf will enjoy the book though.

Last edited: