• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Wont matter what India do. England are just too good. I guess its somewhat possible Sachin won't do anything dumb and play a really long innings, its not out of the question. I hope England crush them again. Im sure India will destroy them in the one dayers though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ Agree, expect another innings victory for Eng, should have only been a 3 test series in hindsight & not 4 given it's such a mismatch.

Not so sure India will win that easily in the ODI's though

BlazeDragon

Banned
I wonder which is gonna be more humiliating, India losing this 4-0 or when England lost the ashes 5-0.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well England lost the Ashes to a brilliant number one side. India will lose to the 2nd ranked side, having not lost a series in years. Much more humiliating for India i'd have thought. But both are pretty humiliating!

Spark

Global Moderator
3rd ranked, that is.

And 5-0 was to one of the finest collection of players ever assembled on a cricket field. As good as England's team is, it isn't that.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Or anywhere close for what matters.

I also think the world cup win adds to the humiliation for India. Since so many Indian fans were thinking India will rule over cricket after that.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
TBH!!this was expected!!Many Indians Expected us to get trashed!!!(Not as hard as this) !!!Who the hell watch Test cricket nowadays !!!ODI's and T20's rule!!:ph34r:

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Lord's was a quality cricket match tbh. Actually the first 7 days of the series were excellent - not so much for the remainder, though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No point risking Trott and Tremlett IMO. Keep us unchanged, give Ravi another go. He wouldn't have been my choice to plat at Edgbaston but I don't think he should be judged on his 7.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No point risking Trott and Tremlett IMO. Keep us unchanged, give Ravi another go. He wouldn't have been my choice to plat at Edgbaston but I don't think he should be judged on his 7.
Meh. Keeping him would just be replicating the (IMHO) original error. What better occasion to blood a new player than in a dead rubber game? Taylor racking up the runs versus SL A and, for the Loins games to have meaning, they should be used a some kinda form guide. If not to have a look at potential test/ODI players, what are they for?

Expect Trott to come back tho. No jibber.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah it would be replicating the original error, I agree. But if they decided to give Bopara a go, I don't think he should be judged on that innings.

That being said he should be kicking himself; if you don't fill your plate at a buffet, you'll be sad the next day when you're hungry.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like another game with the sad little puppy mooching around the crease for 10 minutes before finally being put out of his and every England supporter's misery. FFS.