Cricket Player Manager
Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Well they got to 300...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Meh, people need to stop bagging Swann. We all knew before he wouldn't do great vs. India. Most people expected him to be neutralized fairly effectively. Murali didn't do much and neither did Warne. Unless you have people coming into the side initially without having played a lot of Ranji cricket (e.g Yuvraj), generally they're going to be decent vs. spin. Unless you're Michael Clarke, you aren't generally going to run through India as a spinner.
    Funny you mention Yuvraj, he's been the only left-hander to handle Swann at all this series.

He doesn't really have any way of getting right-handers out unless they do something stupid. He can make them look uncomfortable and maybe get the occasional bat-pad but he's not going to get an lbw from over the stumps and he's not threatening the outside edge. It's a bit disappointing to see someone with so many weapons bowl without a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

That's that, end of, looked like England were going through the motions at times this afternoon and the foot holes have caused problems for the seamers. Hopefully they were saving some energy because it looks like they will bowl again.

So India still couldn't go past 300. Dravid's inning though reminded me of Kallis' innings in Cape Town, where he played a huge part in saving the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Funny you mention Yuvraj, he's been the only left-hander to handle Swann at all this series.

He doesn't really have any way of getting right-handers out unless they do something stupid. He can make them look uncomfortable and maybe get the occasional bat-pad but he's not going to get an lbw from over the stumps and he's not threatening the outside edge. It's a bit disappointing to see someone with so many weapons bowl without a plan.
    Yeah for some reason he just doesn't bowl the right line to them at all. And anyone who can pick up the length quickly is liable to knock his length around, rendering him pretty ineffective.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

International 12th Man
    Has anyone ever carried their bat through an innings, be asked to follow on and carry their bat through the second innings also?

Gambhir or Dravid to walk out again?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pskov View Post
    Has anyone ever carried their bat through an innings, be asked to follow on and carry their bat through the second innings also?
    nope http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/con...ds/283149.html

ps love that 7 year gap in the 00's....
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Obvious statement maybe but England really could do with getting Dravid out early!

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    When will tea be taken btw?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah for some reason he just doesn't bowl the right line to them at all. And anyone who can pick up the length quickly is liable to knock his length around, rendering him pretty ineffective.
    Even if you can't pick the length for toffee you can just plonk the front foot down outside off stump and poke outside the line. I'd fancy my chances of staying against Swann bowling that line. He's not threatening the stumps and he's not threatening the outside edge.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    LOL Viru.. geez.. love him or hate him.. but you cannot ignore him

India got to 300 and panicked in the face of such riches.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if you’re going to be rubbish, make sure it’s against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Nice Rahul, keep on rollin

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    He should maybe bowl around the wicket and pitch off or thereabouts. That would give him plenty of ways of dismissing a right-hand batsman and he's obviously used to bowling around the wicket because he does it to left handers. If it doesn't spin then it does make it a little awkward if you're playing with the spin, because then you're going against the angle. You've got the outside edge as a possibility. If it's spinning you've got a big lbw threat and you still have the bat-pad threat. I don't know the history and whether other off-spinning bowlers have used that angle much in the past.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information