Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

School Boy/Girl Cricketer weed wizard's Avatar
    dead rubber.
    President George W. Bush was
    once a cheerleader!

So Trott's still out injured and Tremmers is back in, does anyone think there's any chance we might see a 5 man attack for the Oval, getting rid of Bopara and bringing in Tremmers, or will they just stick.
    If there is a place to try it, it could be the Oval, usually a pretty flat track with pace and bounce. Prior's good enough to come in at 6 and we have 3 number 8's in Bres ,Broad & Swanny.

Banned
    I believe they should bring in Tremlett. The England top 5 are in great nick and Prior can do pretty well with the bat too. The English tail is one of the strongest we have seen in a long time so I don't see any reason why not to include another attacking bowler who can stop the flow of runs too

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    So Trott's still out injured and Tremmers is back in, does anyone think there's any chance we might see a 5 man attack for the Oval, getting rid of Bopara and bringing in Tremmers, or will they just stick.
    If there is a place to try it, it could be the Oval, usually a pretty flat track with pace and bounce. Prior's good enough to come in at 6 and we have 3 number 8's in Bres ,Broad & Swanny.
    There's about a 0.5% chance England play 5 bowlers in the next test.

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    ^ Agree, expect another innings victory for Eng, should have only been a 3 test series in hindsight & not 4 given it's such a mismatch.
    No, that's silly.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    I really fail to see the logic behind selecting 5 bowlers when teams are already struggling to score 300 against us. It just defies logic. Its like the WI team of yesteryear playing 10 bowlers simply because they had 10 test class seamers.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    I really fail to see the logic behind selecting 5 bowlers when teams are already struggling to score 300 against us. It just defies logic. Its like the WI team of yesteryear playing 10 bowlers simply because they had 10 test class seamers.
    To keep them under 200.

I agree completely, never see the point in 5 bowlers, if the four you have are running riot anyway. Just chucked the question out there, seeing as The Oval can be a high scoring ground and it may be the time the Indian batting order fires.
    Personally I can't see the England team changing their ways, it would probably seem unprofessional to them, in doing something just for the sake of it.

Going by Twitter of some journalists Onions has been called up as cover for Tremlett and Anderson. Anderson injured his quad in the last match it would appear though I doubt its serious be best to not risk him if he isn't 100%. Not on Cricinfo or BBC yet so still to be confirmed.

Great to see him back. Expect Finn to get the gig if they do need someone else but I'd love to see him back in a test shirt just for the sheer effort to get himself fit again after a pretty serious injury.

Edit: Tremmers is out completely, on BBC now.

Quote Originally Posted by Themer View Post
    Going by Twitter of some journalists Onions has been called up as cover for Tremlett and Anderson. Anderson injured his quad in the last match it would appear though I doubt its serious be best to not risk him if he isn't 100%. Not on Cricinfo or BBC yet so still to be confirmed.

Great to see him back. Expect Finn to get the gig if they do need someone else but I'd love to see him back in a test shirt just for the sheer effort to get himself fit again after a pretty serious injury.
    Yeah, I would rest Jimmeh, pointless risking him. Would have gone for Onions for a more like-for-like replacement anywhere else, but the Oval should suit Finn.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Finn makes sense but he's a big step down from Tremlett, can definitely see him going for a few runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Onions is crap and has been outbowled by plenty of others this season!

Why not give someone more deserving like Woakes, Hogg or Harris a go?

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    According to cricinfo Tremlett is definitely out, and Anderson is doubtful. Could be a good test for Finn, I hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by S Chanderpaul View Post
    Onions is crap and has been outbowled by plenty of others this season!

Why not give someone more deserving like Woakes, Hogg or Harris a go?
    Onions isn't crap. He's bowled decently this season but they'll want someone with experience who's had sucess at international level rather than going to Woakes, Hogg or Harris yet.

And to be honest I doubt Hogg will ever be international quality from what I've seen of him regardless of his amazing season, but I was wrong on Bresnan so we'll have to see.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information