• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've gone from a disappointed fan to not giving a **** in the space of two test matches. Have barely watched an hours worth of cricket in the last two games.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I've gone from a disappointed fan to not giving a **** in the space of two test matches. Have barely watched an hours worth of cricket in the last two games.
Haha me too this test.

Waiting for the real cricket to start next month.:ph34r:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
How true. Almost same case with me as well. Got so dejected and did not watch the last test at all. Also couldnt participate in CW due to lack of internet access.

flibbertyjibber

All you fairweather fans can do one if India start winning matches again.:ph34r:

So back to back 600's are about to happen then. Will they bat on to get back to back 700's?

Must admit it shows how bad this attack is that even Bopara looks comfortable.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I used to (like, really recently) always look for us to get 400 and everything else was a bonus. These days if we don't pass 500 I'm disappointed even though I'd back our bowlers to get most teams out for sub-300. This is comfortably the best England team I've ever seen. Don't really know how to feel tbh, delighted but slightly uncomfortable?

flibbertyjibber

I am just glad this isn't a 5 test series, couldn't stand another pathetic display by India. They will probably win the one dayers and the fanboys will claim they are gods again.

Good time for it to rain during the lunch break. Lets hope it isn't too long a shower.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I used to (like, really recently) always look for us to get 400 and everything else was a bonus. These days if we don't pass 500 I'm disappointed even though I'd back our bowlers to get most teams out for sub-300. This is comfortably the best England team I've ever seen. Don't really know how to feel tbh, delighted but slightly uncomfortable?
Yeah, I'm reduced to watching The Arsenal for my fix of "incompetence from a team I support".

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
All you fairweather fans can do one if India start winning matches again.:ph34r:

So back to back 600's are about to happen then. Will they bat on to get back to back 700's?

Must admit it shows how bad this attack is that even Bopara looks comfortable.
even bangladesh wouldn't have done worse...

sharma is lacking the extra pace to get the ball nipping again.
sree has't been putting in enough effort into his deliveries, plus he's too inaccurate.
'reduced paced' singh is the worst selection of this tour
mishra is too slow as well. yup slow spinner. ohja would've been alot better, would've kept it really tight at least.

flibbertyjibber

In defence of Sharma he looked tired in the first test after his Windies tour and he has bowled a lot of overs since and he just looks like he is running on empty. I am sure he is a bit better than he has shown on this tour.

Sreesanth is not good enough and you can't blame RP Singh for being picked when he shouldn't have been. As for the spinner, well if this guy is the 2nd best in India then they have serious problems in the future.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't rate Ojha's wicket taking ability at all, but at least he won't get smashed around the park. If he bowls in tandem with others who can also sustain pressure, India will do better. They need to stop selecting bowlers that can bowl 145kph rippers once in every twenty matches when the planets align.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
In defence of Sharma he looked tired in the first test after his Windies tour and he has bowled a lot of overs since and he just looks like he is running on empty. I am sure he is a bit better than he has shown on this tour.

Sreesanth is not good enough and you can't blame RP Singh for being picked when he shouldn't have been. As for the spinner, well if this guy is the 2nd best in India then they have serious problems in the future.
ashwin is probably the best spinner in india atm but it seems he's not in dhoni's good books so rarely plays any internationals.

1. ashwin
2. harby
3. ohja

smash84

The Tiger King
I am just glad this isn't a 5 test series, couldn't stand another pathetic display by India. .
This

I don't rate Ojha's wicket taking ability at all, but at least he won't get smashed around the park. If he bowls in tandem with others who can also sustain pressure, India will do better. They need to stop selecting bowlers that can bowl 145kph rippers once in every twenty matches when the planets align.
And This