• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this should be the line-up

sehwag
gambhir
dravid
tendlkar
laxman
kohli
dhoni
praveen
ishant
ohja
rp singh
That is what i'd go with. Sreesanth and Raina have to be dropped as they aren't good enough and Mishra bowls too many no balls, tell him to go away and come back when it sorted.

flibbertyjibber

Looks like another game with the sad little puppy mooching around the crease for 10 minutes before finally being put out of his and every England supporter's misery. FFS.
Good, if he fails again then we might see the back of him for good. Better now than at another time.

Jacknife

International Captain
So Trott's still out injured and Tremmers is back in, does anyone think there's any chance we might see a 5 man attack for the Oval, getting rid of Bopara and bringing in Tremmers, or will they just stick.
If there is a place to try it, it could be the Oval, usually a pretty flat track with pace and bounce. Prior's good enough to come in at 6 and we have 3 number 8's in Bres ,Broad & Swanny.

smash84

The Tiger King
I believe they should bring in Tremlett. The England top 5 are in great nick and Prior can do pretty well with the bat too. The English tail is one of the strongest we have seen in a long time so I don't see any reason why not to include another attacking bowler who can stop the flow of runs too

Isura

U19 Captain
So Trott's still out injured and Tremmers is back in, does anyone think there's any chance we might see a 5 man attack for the Oval, getting rid of Bopara and bringing in Tremmers, or will they just stick.
If there is a place to try it, it could be the Oval, usually a pretty flat track with pace and bounce. Prior's good enough to come in at 6 and we have 3 number 8's in Bres ,Broad & Swanny.
There's about a 0.5% chance England play 5 bowlers in the next test.

tooextracool

International Coach
I really fail to see the logic behind selecting 5 bowlers when teams are already struggling to score 300 against us. It just defies logic. Its like the WI team of yesteryear playing 10 bowlers simply because they had 10 test class seamers.

Jacknife

International Captain
I really fail to see the logic behind selecting 5 bowlers when teams are already struggling to score 300 against us. It just defies logic. Its like the WI team of yesteryear playing 10 bowlers simply because they had 10 test class seamers.
To keep them under 200.:ph34r:

I agree completely, never see the point in 5 bowlers, if the four you have are running riot anyway. Just chucked the question out there, seeing as The Oval can be a high scoring ground and it may be the time the Indian batting order fires.
Personally I can't see the England team changing their ways, it would probably seem unprofessional to them, in doing something just for the sake of it.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Going by Twitter of some journalists Onions has been called up as cover for Tremlett and Anderson. Anderson injured his quad in the last match it would appear though I doubt its serious be best to not risk him if he isn't 100%. Not on Cricinfo or BBC yet so still to be confirmed.

Great to see him back. Expect Finn to get the gig if they do need someone else but I'd love to see him back in a test shirt just for the sheer effort to get himself fit again after a pretty serious injury.

Edit: Tremmers is out completely, on BBC now.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going by Twitter of some journalists Onions has been called up as cover for Tremlett and Anderson. Anderson injured his quad in the last match it would appear though I doubt its serious be best to not risk him if he isn't 100%. Not on Cricinfo or BBC yet so still to be confirmed.

Great to see him back. Expect Finn to get the gig if they do need someone else but I'd love to see him back in a test shirt just for the sheer effort to get himself fit again after a pretty serious injury.
Yeah, I would rest Jimmeh, pointless risking him. Would have gone for Onions for a more like-for-like replacement anywhere else, but the Oval should suit Finn.

Uppercut

Finn makes sense but he's a big step down from Tremlett, can definitely see him going for a few runs.