• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Bright sunshine today, fully expect us to pass 400 by close of play. Only question is who tons up.
Would it be disrespectful/going too far if we hit our way to 300 as quickly as possible then declared? Only way I can see a result coming as things stand, what with the weather.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Would it be disrespectful/going too far if we hit our way to 300 as quickly as possible then declared? Only way I can see a result coming as things stand, what with the weather.
Nah, I think we need to get as many runs as possible, try put them in a position where they have nothing to win and everything to lose, and then try to instigate a collapse.

The weather is perfect today, then predicted good tomorrow, rain Sunday and perfect Monday... plenty of time in the game still.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We only needed 3 and a half days to win last test so with a couple of 98 over days we won't lose too much from this one. Still plenty of time to hand out a beating.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nah, we should aim to make them follow on, and for that we'll likely need a big score

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Totally underwhelmed by the cricket yesterday

Problem for India is you get the feeling that there is far more life in the track than their bowlers extracted

Sreesanth, in particular, is a big disappointment - down on pace and seemingly content to bowl innocuous outies

Where is the aggression?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Tuffers said yesterday on the radio that eight players were on the field with their hands in their pockets, and that even though it was cold, it just gave off a really bad impression. I know there's not a lot of experience in the bowling attack, so maybe some of the senior batsmen need to try to help get things going on the field a bit.

Uppercut

They will, possibly even more. They don't do the early start in England. I think it's a dew thing.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Why didn't they start half an hour earlier? Hope it means they'll stay an extra half an hour in the final session.

They will stay out longer after tea but I've never understood why they don't start earlier if the match has been weather affected. Something to do with TV coverage not wanting to start earlier perhaps?

Jacknife

International Captain
Didn't need to play at it. Surprising from Cook all the deliveries were going across him. Yes missing the stumps by 2 foot or so.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Just shows what can happen if you start well. Lots of balls on a good length and he goes after one. Good start.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Good start today. Ishant has bowled well.

Waiting for Sreesanth to come on and release the pressure though.

flibbertyjibber

Been the best 30 minutes with the ball for India since early on day 1 at Trent Bridge. Not that difficult if you bowl to a plan though.