• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Fixtures

Tour Matches

Sat Jan 7 - Mon Jan 9
ICC Combined Associate and Affiliate XI v England XI
ICC Global Cricket Academy, Dubai

Wed Jan 11 - Fri Jan 13
Pakistan Cricket Board XI v England XI
Cricket Board XI v England XI

Tests

Tue Jan 17 - Sat Jan 21
1st Test - Pakistan v England
Dubai International Cricket Stadium

Wed Jan 25 - Sun Jan 29
2nd Test - Pakistan v England
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Fri Feb 3 - Tue Feb 7
3rd Test - Pakistan v England

Tour Match
Fri Feb 10
England XI v England Lions

ODI's

Mon Feb 13
1st ODI - Pakistan v England

Wed Feb 15
2nd ODI - Pakistan v England

Sat Feb 18
3rd ODI - Pakistan v England

Tue Feb 21
4th ODI - Pakistan v England
Dubai International Cricket Stad

T20s

Thu Feb 23
1st T20I - Pakistan v England

Sat Feb 25
2nd T20I - Pakistan v England

Mon Feb 27
3rd T20I - Pakistan v England

England and Pakistan will play 3 tests in the UAE (2011/2012). How do you think this current England team will fare on pitches where there isn't any swing and the ball doesn't go above the waist. Also Pakistan managed to draw against a strong South African side that contained Dale Steyn.

Last edited by a moderator:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, 3 test series, can see a couple of boring draws, think we might just sneak one for a 1-0 series win though. A lot of the Pakistan side play Swann really badly but I think the pitches will be flatties, scoreboard pressure will probably be our friend.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This won't be that bad a deal for Pakistan. If Pak loses then everyone is going to say that it was to be expected because of the controversies and the crap players in the team, such as Fart. However if Pak wins or it's a draw, then the no.1 team is going to be facing some tough questions.

weeman27bob

International Regular
This won't be that bad a deal for Pakistan. If Pak loses then everyone is going to say that it was to be expected because of the controversies and the crap players in the team, such as Fart. However if Pak wins or it's a draw, then the no.1 team is going to be facing some tough questions.
Unless we rest key players. :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hmm, 3 test series, can see a couple of boring draws, think we might just sneak one for a 1-0 series win though. A lot of the Pakistan side play Swann really badly but I think the pitches will be flatties, scoreboard pressure will probably be our friend.
reckon a middle order of Younis, Misbah and Umer will handle Swann ok I am expecting Broad to have a massive series overall could see England spanking us black and blue unless some miracle happens.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan are possibly the worst players of spin in the world. Id be tempted, depending on the tracks, to play 2 spinners (though I think in the end Id decide not to)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pakistan are possibly the worst players of spin in the world. Id be tempted, depending on the tracks, to play 2 spinners (though I think in the end Id decide not to)
I'm curious as to who you'd pick as your second spinner and who you'd drop to get him in the team, should you go down that route.

I know you're a big fan of having seven proper batsmen, so I'm guessing Samit for Morgan?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whatever happens, I expect Ajmal to be the pick of the bowlers.

England have also got more variety in their attack compared to SA, especially since even Pieterson > Paul Harris, and they might sneak in a win or even two in the three games, given the susceptibility of Pakistani batsmen to brainfarts.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm curious as to who you'd pick as your second spinner and who you'd drop to get him in the team, should you go down that route.

I know you're a big fan of having seven proper batsmen, so I'm guessing Samit for Morgan?
Thats exactly why Id be tempted but end up not doing it. Id like two spinners for Pakistan but the drop off from the 3rd seamer to the 2nd spinner is just too great to justify it. I dont think there is a number 2 spinner worthy of a place. Having said that, Samit for Morgan wouldnt upset me at all.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bres averaging 45 in tests with the bat. Just sayin'. :cool:

Think Sammy will tour tho and don't necessarily think he's a worse batsman than Morgan either. It's the bit between his ears that one doubts. Stokes another possibility, if his finger allows him to bowl again soon. Two seamers + two spinners with him as first change. Not going to be picked on his bowling alone (never seen him turn his arm over, ftr) but his figures suggest he's better than a part-timer.

Borthwick a dark horse for the test squad? If we do go for two spinners in a five man attack Monty seriously lenthens the tail.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pak line-up should be:

Hafeez
Toffee
Azhar
Younis
Misbah
U.Akmal
A.Akmal
Ajmal
Wahab
Gul
Junaid

However I would like Shafiq in the team somewhere. Maybe Azhar to open with Hafeez, which would leave a place for Shafiq.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I will not mind if England plays 2 spinners don't think the current test middle order will have a lot of problems with the spin since its vastly different to the middle order that struggled against Swann in England.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pak line-up should be:

Hafeez
Toffee
Azhar
Younis
Misbah
U.Akmal
A.Akmal
Ajmal
Wahab
Gul
Junaid

However I would like Shafiq in the team somewhere. Maybe Azhar to open with Hafeez, which would leave a place for Shafiq.
Rehman for Wahab, Junaid is not certainty maybe Cheema as I have heard he's possibly the best reverse swing bowler in Pakistan Junaid is average imo.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rehman for Wahab, Junaid is not certainty maybe Cheema as I have heard he's possibly the best reverse swing bowler in Pakistan Junaid is average imo.
Pffft.

If he's average, Cheema must be Waqar incarante. Junaid has looked very impressive for Lancs up here.

Xuhaib

International Coach
not seen him at Lancs looked very ordinary in his international outings Cheema I have heard reverses at 140+ consistently he's 31 though will have a first look at him in the Zim series next month.