• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Just terrible posting. Perhaps you should read what people say before deciding on what they've said.

Those are just the ones from me. I won't pretend to have a monopoly over such statements.

Sigh. I think I'm done.
Strange post when the topic of discussion of the last few pages is whether ajmal is a chucker, and the majority of posters have focused on England's shot selection as the biggest factor, don't let facts get in the way?

smash84

The Tiger King
Thank you for pointing out not all of us are whinging about Ajmal.
My pleasure. I had to. I was surprised to find an unbiased statement from you :p (lol just kidding)

Its not us to blame is it?
Blame the ICC for not having clear rules for this issue. Make rules and we will obey them.

Why let Murali play, Why let Harbhajan Play, Why let anybody who Chucks play.

If Imran can be our hero while chucking, why not Ajmal?
We've all rights to defend him.
Go defend Jack Hobbs's record with the different LBW rule then :ph34r:

It’s just a tiresome debate, as tiresome if someone spent today just observing that England are playing a guy who doesn’t have a British passport and that’s not really cricket either. Everyone who follows the game knows Ajmal’s action is dodgy but if he went for plenty today that wouldn’t have been mentioned. Zimbabwe struggled against him but found a way, it’s not impossible, just get on with it. Super slow motion replays on Sky and Bob Willis implying the chuck won’t make things better.
haha.....so true

Jacknife

International Captain
Always thought the first test would be biggest challenge for England and the best chance for Pakistan. England will have to make use of the better bowling conditions in the morning to take wickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
can see this thread going the same direction as the India-England thread during the summer it was terrible to follow that series over here hope the atmosphere remain much saner for this series.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Is anyone else sick to death of Michael Vaughan's bleating about how England have never faced a bowler like Ajmal before? Y'know... besides Ajmal himself. Moron.
Lol, I think Vaughan is secretly being a troll. That comment was obviously directed towards the Indians.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Agree with Xuhaib. I hope Realist and Z-man calm down. It's only been 1 day and this England team can come back very strong. I wouldn't celebrate until the Series is over.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It’s just a tiresome debate, as tiresome if someone spent today just observing that England are playing a guy who doesn’t have a British passport and that’s not really cricket either. Everyone who follows the game knows Ajmal’s action is dodgy but if he went for plenty today that wouldn’t have been mentioned. Zimbabwe struggled against him but found a way, it’s not impossible, just get on with it. Super slow motion replays on Sky and Bob Willis implying the chuck won’t make things better.
Yeah good post. If Ajmal is 0/85 today no one would have said much (barring Brumby). Say it once or twice and move on.

Ajmal's action is dodgy. No doubt. But constantly panning it when he is making your team llook foolish appears like sour grapes, even when it isn't meant to be like that.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Awesome start and mighty pleased with it. As has been pointed out though, there’s no reason to get overconfident on the strength of just one day. I expect England to respond much better in the second innings. The key is how much of a lead can we build to put pressure on them.

In regards to Ajmal, my personal opinion is that he does chuck his doosra/teesra. I don’t know for sure though and I wish there were better methods to test for this sort of thing so we don’t have to go through the same tired debate every time he plays a significant part in the bowling. I would say to my fellow Pak supporters though that people questioning his action is a perfectly legitimate point and we don’t have to get so ultra-defensive about it. I would hope that those questioning wouldn’t harp on about it continuously (and I don’t think they have in this thread). Besides, as Prior demonstrated, Ajmal could be played with a sensible approach. He’s not as unbeatable as the English made him out to be today.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
can see this thread going the same direction as the India-England thread during the summer it was terrible to follow that series over here hope the atmosphere remain much saner for this series.
You're a class act Xuhaib. :)

I'm sure it'll settle down. We should have a good series ahead of us. I'm not sure how well England can do with the ball but I'm expecting something massive from Trott in the 2nd dig.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Agree with Xuhaib. I hope Realist and Z-man calm down. It's only been 1 day and this England team can come back very strong. I wouldn't celebrate until the Series is over.
Am pretty calm, why wouldn't I be?

but geez if something is there to be said then that's what a forum is for, why so apologetic about this?

I think it's sour grapes to bring up ajmals action, that's the bottom line, England may well draw the test but as soon as they were under the cosh and ajmal was doing well SOME have played this card, poor form.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Am pretty calm, why wouldn't I be?

but geez if something is there to be said then that's what a forum is for, why so apologetic about this?

I think it's sour grapes to bring up ajmals action, that's the bottom line, England may well draw the test but as soon as they were under the cosh and ajmal was doing well SOME have played this card, poor form.
When a lot of posters were trying to move away from the chucking discussion you had to bring it up again. If people complain, just ignore it, ICC have cleared him and that's the end of it.