• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tanvir Ahmed did well the last time round in UAE didn't he? Not a fan, but from what I've seen he's consistent at least. Oh, and is the tour where Cheema and a few other newer bowlers were picked before this series?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love watching that type of bowler bowl. Especially in test matches. And Junaid looks so, so promising.

smash84

The Tiger King
Junaid looked so ordinary the last time he played international cricket for Pakistan which also happened to be his first time

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actually, the last time Junaid played international cricket for Pakistan he was basically unplayable and tore Ireland a new one in their home conditions.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Smali, I wouldn't judge Junaid just yet because he hasn't had much international experience. Let's see how he performs against Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and England before you make your mind up. He has improved since West Indies because of the stint in county cricket.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Let me repeat.

Junaid will not be a successful bowler in UAE unless he bowls Malinga-like-continuous-yorkers which is difficult. He should be used in conditions which are helping bowlers i.e Overcast,swingy.

I can back my statement up from the performances of Junaid in West Indies where the "roads" were "flat" and he was not very impressive although he showed some good signs and then when he moved with the team to ireland, he bowled some very very impressive spells.
After that his county stint was also successful.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Tanvir Ahmed did well the last time round in UAE didn't he? Not a fan, but from what I've seen he's consistent at least. Oh, and is the tour where Cheema and a few other newer bowlers were picked before this series?
Yes, Zimbabwe series. Cheema/Sohail Khan are supposed to perform big to get in UAE series, I expect Sohail to perform.

smash84

The Tiger King
Sohail does not seem to get much movement. Only seems to go in and bang it in. Not sure if he would be able to do well in UAE. Don't we have any express bowler in domestic cricket currently?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure how Junaid's Lancs stint enhances his test prospects, he only played one FC game for us and didn't do to well on a pitch that had plenty in for the quicks, then got left out of FC cricket for the rest of the time he was here. Not doubting his T20 prowess but reckon he has a bit to prove in the longer form of the game.

smash84

The Tiger King
Not sure how Junaid's Lancs stint enhances his test prospects, he only played one FC game for us and didn't do to well on a pitch that had plenty in for the quicks, then got left out of FC cricket for the rest of the time he was here. Not doubting his T20 prowess but reckon he has a bit to prove in the longer form of the game.
This.

Wahab any day over Junaid

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
So do you think we will go in with 2 pacers or 3, and who will they be.

On UAE roads I think we should go 3 pacers.

Gul
Wahab
Junaid/Tanveer Ahmad/Cheema/Sohail Khan

I would love to see Kaneria back for this series instead of a third pacer. If the PCB let him play then Kaneria and Ajmal would be awesome.

Last edited: