• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I think the Pakistani management still have some doubts over their own batting line-ups skills, there's no questioning of players like Younis and Misbah but I think if they had more confidence in their batting the pitches would be greener because if I'm honest this will probably be the best attack we've faced since we last played Pakistan and lets face it what did for them there was poor batting.
I think because of the nature of pitches there, you can't produce a green track. The heat kills off the grass. :(

Oh and Smali, If you attend the 2nd ODI on the 15th Feb in Abu Dhabi, you might meet my younger brother. He'll be there.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think because of the nature of pitches there, you can't produce a green track. The heat kills off the grass. :(

The weather these days is just awesome though. Perfectly pleasant in the mornings and chilly in the evenings.

Oh and Smali, If you attend the 2nd ODI on the 15th Feb in Abu Dhabi, you might meet my younger brother. He'll be there.
Your brother lives in Abu Dhabi?

I do plan to attend some of the matches (most probably the ones in Sharjah and Dubai)

smash84

The Tiger King
I am thinking that maybe I should ask my manager to give me the first half off so I can attend the opening of the test match since the entrance is (hopefully) free like last time for the test matches.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Good luck with that. Since there won't be many people in attendance, maybe you could meet the players. In that case take a camera and post some pics.

smash84

The Tiger King
getting a bit nervous now.....tomorrow morning......with all the SC sides getting clobbered I am having a bad feeling about this

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Missed a test in Cape Town by a week in 2010, and now I've missed a test in Dubai by 2 weeks. What luck.

smash84

The Tiger King
you were in Dubai 2 weeks back?

Busy enjoying yourself on the back of buildings created through slave labor :ph34r:

slowfinger

International Debutant
A: Umar Gul
B: Wahab Riaz
C: Junaid Khan
D: Aizaz Cheema

If we needed 3 out of the 4, who would we need, is it time for Gul to go?

Personally I'd have Gul Riaz and Khan?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I think because of
the nature of pitches there, you can't produce a green track. The heat kills off the grass. :(

Shame really I think it'd be a more interesting contest.

If it was actually in Pakistan this series should be a 4 test series, I can understand the 3 in this situation because all your really going to have is a bit of the Barmy army and a few expats and therefore the economics don't give to a 4 test series.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Gul
Cheema
Riaz/Junaid

I don't think there is a need for two lefties. So it's either Riaz or Junaid. I would take Riaz because of his speed.

My bowling line-up for the first Test

Gul
Riaz
Ajmal
Cheema

I would not have 2 spinners. Hafeez can do a good enough job.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I saw a tweet once asking a spoof Andrew Strauss twitter account for an interview thinking it was the real Strauss, so lets not get too hasty on the depths.