• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Desert conditions, four man attack, long shift at the office likely; they're bowling a bit within themselves so they don't flog themselves into the ground.
Hate to tell you but it is low/mid-20s here today with a nice little breeze and some fluffy clouds floating about i.e. some of the most perfect and forgiving conditions for bowlers you will ever find

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, but the percentages were very good from Broad. His whole spell today was based on creating angles and therefore, batsmen weren't entirely sure which ones to play or leave. An Akram, a Procter or a Marshall at his peak was perhaps the ultimate master of this art.

A batsman's game, in my understanding, is based on two main things - a) judgment of (relative) pace and b) judgment of angle. Consistently altering the angle of delivery is sure to screw up his visual rhythm, for lack of a better term. Top display of planned attack, IMHO and the lad deserved both wickets.
One of the things that Broad did superbly last year vs India was his use of the crease, very adept at darting in close, jumping out wide to draw the edge etc. etc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
One of the things that Broad did superbly last year vs India was his use of the crease, very adept at darting in close, jumping out wide to draw the edge etc. etc.
Never knew you rated Broad's bowling vs India last year tbh. Tell us more.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
True! That was one of the many things that really impressed me about him last summer. Of the modern practitioners, Zaheer Khan is a true exponent of this skill. Anderson can do it well too.

That's one aspect of fast bowling that I'd love to see more emphasis on - using the depth and the width of the popping crease. Helps a lot more than complaining about flat decks at the end of the day's play! :D

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Maybe it's just beginning to happen for Jimmy. The second last one was positioned as a conventional inswinger and just nipped away a touch. Should have a short midwicket and a square leg for Khan. And get one to just reverse in/slant in from wide.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going out at 10, please can I miss a stunning collapse? Yeah it's not going to happen, not bowling badly though.