• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best SC Team to show up in England during the last year

The better SC team in England

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
This question has been on my mind and thought I would post it here.

During the last one year Pakistan, SL, and India have all played a test series in England.

All three were quit **** (although in India's case it might be premature to say that :ph34r:).. The current series is still going on.

I didn't watch the SL series but the scoreline tells that they probably put in a decent show or at least better than Pakistan and India.

So which team would you rank the bad from the worse?

And in what order would you rank their performance in England?

subshakerz

International Coach
In English conditions, Pakistan was the best team. Worst batting lineup, sure, but they at least won a game, something Sri Lanka and India are incapable of with their current bowlers. And they actually had a superior bowling attack, arguably superior to England's. Remember, in 4 tests, England's vaunted batting lineup crossed 400 only once despite all the dropped catches.

In test cricket, great batting can draw tests but not really win you matches. Great bowling can occasionally make up for ordinary batting and win the odd game, as Pakistan showed.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bangladesh had Tamim so it's probably them/him
In terms of punching above their weight, I think it's quite clearly the Banglas. We expected them to roll over and die, and they put up a scrap. We expected a semblance of a contest from the other sides, and (the odd session apart) it's been pitiful.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan without a doubt. Won a match and came closer than anyone else to coming away with a drawn series.

morgieb

Pakistan probably would've drawn the series had they not tanked, so probably them.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sl with the bat and Pakistan with the ball atleast put up a contest but their other discipline was woeful India has been mediocre in both disciplines uptill now.BD punched above their weight and were actually decent for few sessions. Interms of expectations/Performance

BD
Pakistan
SL
India

SL/Pakistan
India
BD

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
heck.......hadn't added the poll,....just came up with it now........

yeah but it is easy to forget the three below 100 scores :wacko:......and the fielding from Khatmal, Farhat and co

How was the SL performance though? Didn't watch that series at all

smash84

The Tiger King
In terms of punching above their weight, I think it's quite clearly the Banglas. We expected them to roll over and die, and they put up a scrap. We expected a semblance of a contest from the other sides, and (the odd session apart) it's been pitiful.
:laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
btw this thread is like having a beauty contest of these ladies

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Pakistan just, only Bangladesh played above their level and looked willing to fight though, says a lot about the other three.

Spark

Global Moderator
Given the side SL showed up with, I'm surprised people are being so harsh on saying they underperformed. One mad session aside they generally batted OK and bowled like tripe - which is exactly what we were all saying beforehand.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Incidentally, as at this moment for this series, India have scored 1217 runs in the series @ 24.34 and conceded 1985 runs @ 53.65 (3.85 RPO).

Last year Bangladesh scored 1003 @ 25.08 and conceded 1087 @ 49.41 (3.86 RPO).