• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lost opportunity

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Why didn't India just pack their bags and left England citing security concerns due to the riots? Would have saved us the ignominy of a potential 4-0 loss, and we would have maintained the #1 ranking. Dhoni is indeed poor tactically :ph34r:

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
We stay and you win 4-0 and rape what is left of our dignity. This is like men playing against women.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh India are a rabble alright. Been genuinely disappointed by how poor they've been. Put my serious hat on and I'd have to think about whether Pakistan last year were worse. Still a way to go of course and there's nothing to say they can't turn it round for 2-2 but we legitimately have been a class above.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
To put in perspective. India have done the equivalent of opening the batting with Denly (Mukund) in the first two Tests and having a bowling attack of Jon Lewis, Saj Mahmood, Liam Plunkett and Chris Schofield. If you select ****, do not be surprised if you get raped.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
To put in perspective. India have done the equivalent of opening the batting with Denly (Mukund) in the first two Tests and having a bowling attack of Jon Lewis, Saj Mahmood, Liam Plunkett and Chris Schofield. If you select ****, do not be surprised if you get raped.
Brilliant. :)

smash84

The Tiger King
Put my serious hat on and I'd have to think about whether Pakistan last year were worse.
I was thinking the exact same thing. At least Pakistan had a bowling attack to restrict England to less than 200 at times. Then hope that their own batsmen cross a grand total of 100 :ph34r:

Why didn't India just pack their bags and left England citing security concerns due to the riots? Would have saved us the ignominy of a potential 4-0 loss, and we would have maintained the #1 ranking. Dhoni is indeed poor tactically :ph34r:
haha.....gun thread

Xuhaib

International Coach
Oh India are a rabble alright. Been genuinely disappointed by how poor they've been. Put my serious hat on and I'd have to think about whether Pakistan last year were worse. Still a way to go of course and there's nothing to say they can't turn it round for 2-2 but we legitimately have been a class above.
Pakistan's bowling was keeping us semi competitive though the batting and fielding was argubly the worst ever seen from a non Bagladeshi side.India has been mediocre in both departments till now strangely their bowling has outperformed their batting.

We won 2 of 6 tests last summer India/SL has not won a single yet of 5 attempts.:)

tooextracool

International Coach
To be fair to Pakistan, the bowling attack that showed up on these shores last summer is the only attack comparable to the current England bowling attack. In fact, it was probably better. That bowling attack would bowl out any side cheaply in those conditions.

Xuhaib

International Coach
the future of this series depends on tommorow's game reckon India is still with a chance if they can keep England to 325-350 law of averages says this Godly batting line up is due at some point.

smash84

The Tiger King
To be fair to Pakistan, the bowling attack that showed up on these shores last summer is the only attack comparable to the current England bowling attack. In fact, it was probably better. That bowling attack would bowl out any side cheaply in those conditions.
This.

but the downside was that a worse batting side had also not showed up on those shores in a LONG time (minnows excluded) and fielding too was terrible