• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tribute to Kerry O'Keefe

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i think it's about time people we pull together on this one and start to acknowledge one of the games best broadcasters, Mr Kerry O'Keefe.
There are so many memorable quotes from te great man
"Those two fieldsman were running around in circles so fast it looked like they were mixing butter"
I mean come on and then he laughs and snorts and goes nuts when he laughs, and everyone takes the **** outta him.

So Marc has his Agit fan club, I'm hereby starting off a new club,
The Kerry O'Keefe appreciation Club
To become a member simply add "I'm a member of Club Kerry" to your signature.
Who knows the great man might come online one day and see.
If any of you have any other mad kerry quotes leave them in this thread

Langeveldt

Soutie
I agree, great Idea.. I can remember many an hour with Kerry O Keefe keeping me awake on the England ashes tour...

I remember when he suggested that Darren Lehmann should be given the nickname "Lehmannie" because of all the English adding "ie" to their names.. Then he went off and laughed at his own joke and couldnt stop snorting on air, quite funny at 3 in the morning...

Youve just got your second member, undoutebly my favourite commentator....

Eclipse

International Debutant
Kery O'Keefe is a legend dam that guy is funny.

Just the way he say's thing's and then laughs at his own jokes.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hell yeah im in to...

The guy is a ledgend...

Even my fiance likes him and she hates cricket commentators...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Count me in, however i have to find some room in my signature for it.
I hope hes on the Fat tonight, its always better when he is.

Cloete

International Captain
i'm in.

loved listening to him on C7 Sport. he always used to commentate and be on the weekly show. classic :lol:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Take the time to read this
In case you missed this here was a joke Kerry told the other day.

Kerry O'Keefe: I've just finised reading a book it's called "sports most eccentric men"

Keith Stackpole: No doubt you feature in there Kerry"

Kerry O'Keefe: not quite (snorts snorts) but there's a funny story in there. It's about this guy who played for Pakistan Amiz Aman. He went out to bat in the first innings (snort snort) and copped one on the wrist and had to retire hurt, I mean the baboon down the other end was bowling pies, so he retired hurt for 0 on his first ball. The bloke then came back two days later and was so scared of getting a duck, guess what happened to him?

Keith Stackpole: I dunno Kerry

Kerry O'Keefe: (Amongst a hell of a lot've snorts) he died so he was recorded as "did not bat dead" (snort snort)

Langeveldt

Soutie
lol... that is the funniest thing ive heard for ages, I guess it shouldnt be funny, but I love the way he just said "he died" like it was as unremarkable as going to the shops or something...

nick7

Cricket Spectator
I love kerry o`keefe!And it isn`t just the mad humour,he makes sharp,interesting cricket points too.Especially spinners and even more so,leg-spinners.

Does anyone else remember him talking about Eminem and `Lose Yourself`? I think it was during the last ashes test in sydney.In the face of Agnew`s confusion/humour by-pass he WOULD NOT LET IT GO!Singing/rapping and (quite accurately i thought) comparing the lyrics to Steve Waugh`s situation(retiring or not etc)."lose yourself in the moment/you own it/never lose your chance to bat(it`s actually blow but i substitute bat)!".I quote near verbatim.

Kerry-you rule....and i proudly join the fan club

nick7

Cricket Spectator
Especially ABOUT spinners and leg-spinners i should say.

He woudn`t let Agnew off the hook...............

Speed on Kerry.................

Andre

International Regular
Exactly. Not only is Kerry VERY funnyy, he is also an articulate ans asophisticated cricket critic of the highest calibre. He's a joy.