• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India to lost its first series 0-3 since 1999-2000. This is disgusting performance. This is one of the worst performance by an Indian since I have been watching cricket.
They are just getting beaten by a far superior side. No disgrace in that when the team doing it is set to become number 1 in the world and will be a clear number 1 too.

smash84

The Tiger King
They are just getting beaten by a far superior side. No disgrace in that when the team doing it is set to become number 1 in the world and will be a clear number 1 too.
tbf the last time India lost 0-3 that team was far superior too. In fact much superior than this one

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have a problem with getting beaten up, but this is not the performance I expect from a team that is at no. 1 spot or aims to be among the best. I don't believe England team is a far superior in terms of talent. England were prepared for the tour, Indian team was not. If they did, they would at least put up a fight.

flibbertyjibber

tbf the last time India lost 0-3 that team was far superior too. In fact much superior than this one
Agreed, makes you wonder how good this England side may be. Still young and got stacks of reserve bowlers so will continue to bowl sides out and win matches because we have so much depth to the batting.

Not saying we are as good as the Aussies were but we are probably the best England side of the last 50 years and apart from South Africa and India away nobody looks capable of giving us a game at present.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Maybe Saffa next year will be all this series could have been. Gutted it's 3-game rubber though

smash84

The Tiger King
Agreed, makes you wonder how good this England side may be. Still young and got stacks of reserve bowlers so will continue to bowl sides out and win matches because we have so much depth to the batting.

Not saying we are as good as the Aussies were but we are probably the best England side of the last 50 years and apart from South Africa and India away nobody looks capable of giving us a game at present.
It is a good bowling side but not in the Aussie league of course.

None of the English bowlers seem to be ATG material at the moment. Swann perhaps but he is having a miserable series so far.

The batting depth is good but so far this team has not really been tested a lot I think. The Pak bowlers last year tested them for one.

Last edited:

Burgey

- Tendulkar's 100th birthday.

Sanz, I feel your pain. As you say, it's one thing to be well beaten, it's another to roll over and let the opposition tickle your tummy.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have a problem with getting beaten up, but this is not the performance I expect from a team that is at no. 1 spot or aims to be among the best. I don't believe England team is a far superior in terms of talent. England were prepared for the tour, Indian team was not. If they did, they would at least put up a fight.
India not being prepared is an excuse which can be used during the 1st but time the 3rd test comes around and you are still getting battered, then lack of preparation doesn't really hold much weight. Only Sehwag can now say he was undercooked.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India not being prepared is an excuse which can be used during the 1st but time the 3rd test comes around and you are still getting battered, then lack of preparation doesn't really hold much weight. Only Sehwag can now say he was undercooked.
they are all demoralized now.
only rain can save india from a whitewash.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just remember, if India don't win a Test, that's two years I get your avatar for, rather than the one that already looks secure