Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ODIs at Telstra Stadium

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Yeh i play in the same team as Julian, except he was called up to 2nd grade last weekend. Not sure how he went up there, but from what i heard he will probably be back for our game versus weston creek this weekend. He certainly has become a better bowler in the last 2 seasons.
    Ive heard of D'Cruz, but never seen him bowl, so i cant comment on him.

As for Dawson, he has been picked in the Cricket Aus cup side for Tas for next week. he needs to play well to get in front of Clingelffer, but i think he can do it.

BTW...... do you have msn, you can add me if you like. my addy is dcoulthardf1@hotmail.com

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by David
    Not having a test in Tasmania will hurt Tasmanian cricket, and ultimately Australian cricket.
    Because Tasmania has such a history of producing players for Australia doesn't it!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I really am truly amazed now I'm getting a decent picture of the cricket system in Australia. The level of organization is phenominal.
    Even now The ECB are only coming close to it.
    Can someone just confirm - First-Grade Cricket is the lowest level below State Second XIs?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Originally posted by Richard
    Can someone just confirm - First-Grade Cricket is the lowest level below State Second XIs?
    yes that is correct. of course some grade competitions are much stronger than others. Sydneys is by far the strongest, then Melbournes, then Brisbane and so on.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Because Tasmania has such a history of producing players for Australia doesn't it!

hell yeah, Boonie and Ponting
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Originally posted by broncoman
    yes that is correct. of course some grade competitions are much stronger than others. Sydneys is by far the strongest, then Melbournes, then Brisbane and so on.
    Adealaide's is pretty weak & Canberra's is a bit behind the rest of the pack.

Richard I've said it before & Im sure you will accuse me of exageratting again but I reckon Sydney first grade cricket is as strong as county cricket , evidenced by the fact that when people like Kevin Pieterson & Andy Strauss play in that league they dont do nearly as well as in the CC , and that Phil Jaques did way better in England than he has in Sydney grade cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Richard I've said it before & Im sure you will accuse me of exageratting again but I reckon Sydney first grade cricket is as strong as county cricket , evidenced by the fact that when people like Kevin Pieterson & Andy Strauss play in that league they dont do nearly as well as in the CC , and that Phil Jaques did way better in England than he has in Sydney grade cricket.
    What a load of rubbish! You're comparing apples an oranges. If they had the same number of sides in their competitions with the same spread of weak vs strong sides, you'd see why this is absolute crap. As someone who PLAYED some first-grade Sydney cricket years ago, I have personal experience that although Sydney's grade comps is the strongest comp by far in Australia, to compare it to a competition with the strength and depth of English CC is ludicrous.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Originally posted by age_master
    hell yeah, Boonie and Ponting
    So that's 2 in how long?!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by iamdavid
    Adealaide's is pretty weak & Canberra's is a bit behind the rest of the pack.

Kevin Pietersen played in the Lincs Premier League twice this year and scored 18 & 4 (I think). You're a fool, as stated by Corey.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Kevin Pietersen played in the Lincs Premier League twice this year and scored 18 & 4 (I think). You're a fool, as stated by Corey.
    But Neil, everyone knows that the Lincs Premier League is the toughest competition in the World, even harder than Test Matches!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Originally posted by iamdavid
    And I repeat what I said then - Matthew Banes, Graeme Bridge and Kadeer Ali are three who have played in Grade Cricket (Banes I think in Sydney - please correct me if I remember wrong) and excelled. MacGill was a failure in English Club-cricket. It's swings-and-roundabouts.

Telstra Stadium should share shosting ODI's with the SCG. I think that the potental of cricket at a big venue such as Telstra Stadium (around 80,000 capacity) would be great. Not only is it just good from Cricket Australia's perspective, but more fans will have the opportunity to attend an ODI in Sydney as ODI's at the SCG are usually sold out (at a capacity of around 40,000).

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    I reckon that would be the best way... just keep the Tests at SCG and share the ODIs with Telstra Stadium. They will eventually anyway because all they'll see is $$$$$$$$$$$ KA-CHING!:O

It annoys me in Perth that we only get 1 Test and two VB-series games... but you gotta expect that. It seems like your not getting much, but well maybe you should invest in a widescreen! Soooooo good for watching sport on!! Who cares what ground it's on then!

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information