• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODIs at Telstra Stadium

iamdavid

International Debutant
broncoman said:
yes that is correct. of course some grade competitions are much stronger than others. Sydneys is by far the strongest, then Melbournes, then Brisbane and so on.
Adealaide's is pretty weak & Canberra's is a bit behind the rest of the pack.

Richard I've said it before & Im sure you will accuse me of exageratting again but I reckon Sydney first grade cricket is as strong as county cricket , evidenced by the fact that when people like Kevin Pieterson & Andy Strauss play in that league they dont do nearly as well as in the CC , and that Phil Jaques did way better in England than he has in Sydney grade cricket.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard I've said it before & Im sure you will accuse me of exageratting again but I reckon Sydney first grade cricket is as strong as county cricket , evidenced by the fact that when people like Kevin Pieterson & Andy Strauss play in that league they dont do nearly as well as in the CC , and that Phil Jaques did way better in England than he has in Sydney grade cricket.
What a load of rubbish! You're comparing apples an oranges. If they had the same number of sides in their competitions with the same spread of weak vs strong sides, you'd see why this is absolute crap. As someone who PLAYED some first-grade Sydney cricket years ago, I have personal experience that although Sydney's grade comps is the strongest comp by far in Australia, to compare it to a competition with the strength and depth of English CC is ludicrous.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
iamdavid said:
Adealaide's is pretty weak & Canberra's is a bit behind the rest of the pack.

Kevin Pietersen played in the Lincs Premier League twice this year and scored 18 & 4 (I think). You're a fool, as stated by Corey.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Kevin Pietersen played in the Lincs Premier League twice this year and scored 18 & 4 (I think). You're a fool, as stated by Corey.
But Neil, everyone knows that the Lincs Premier League is the toughest competition in the World, even harder than Test Matches!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
And I repeat what I said then - Matthew Banes, Graeme Bridge and Kadeer Ali are three who have played in Grade Cricket (Banes I think in Sydney - please correct me if I remember wrong) and excelled. MacGill was a failure in English Club-cricket. It's swings-and-roundabouts.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Telstra Stadium should share shosting ODI's with the SCG. I think that the potental of cricket at a big venue such as Telstra Stadium (around 80,000 capacity) would be great. Not only is it just good from Cricket Australia's perspective, but more fans will have the opportunity to attend an ODI in Sydney as ODI's at the SCG are usually sold out (at a capacity of around 40,000).

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I reckon that would be the best way... just keep the Tests at SCG and share the ODIs with Telstra Stadium. They will eventually anyway because all they'll see is $$$$$$$$$$$ KA-CHING!:O

It annoys me in Perth that we only get 1 Test and two VB-series games... but you gotta expect that. It seems like your not getting much, but well maybe you should invest in a widescreen! Soooooo good for watching sport on!!:lol: Who cares what ground it's on then!