• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Homage to a Centenarian

adub

International Captain
Amazing that its taken so long for a test cricketer to raise the bat for a ton. Happy birthday Norman.

Quaggas

State Captain
HB Norman, and great article Martin.

Hillbrow resident - wasn't there an interview posted here about a year ago or so?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opened this with trepidation thinking someone was taking the piss.

Well done him, and I presume it's Happy Birthday to Cribbeh, too.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Great article Martin and hearty congratulations to Mr Gordon. Given your comments in the last paragraph of the article, you may be interested in the following clips which feature very brief footage of Jack Gregory bowling.

England vs Australia, 4th Test, Manchester, 1921

Australia vs England, 2nd Test, Melbourne, 1925

Australia vs England, 4th Test, Melbourne, 1925

Preview of the 1926 Ashes Tour

England vs Australia, 2nd Test, Lord's, 1926
THE 2ND TEST MATCH AT LORDS including CUTS - British Pathe
SECOND TEST MATCH AT LORDS... (CONTINUED) - British Pathe

England vs Australia, 5th Test, The Oval, 1926
‪England's Glorious Victory! (1926)‬‏ - YouTube
THE ASHES ARE OURS - OVAL - British Pathe

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Great piece Martin, thoroughly enjoyed the article. My cricketing knowledge of some of the players from history is not what it should be, but I can always rely on you to keep me informed!