• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Tied Test - Alan Davidson

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that was a good read. Davidson worked really hard that test - 11 wickets and 124 runs! Incredible effort. Must have been gutting at the time to be denied the win.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that was a good read. Davidson worked really hard that test - 11 wickets and 124 runs! Incredible effort. Must have been gutting at the time to be denied the win.
First man to take 10+ wickets and score a hundred runs in the same test.

Grand cricketer he was. He's a proper gent too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And an under-rated player among greats I imagine.

I'd like to hear JBMAC's thoughts on him. No doubt he'd have seen him play quite a bit.

adub

International Captain

I'd like to hear JBMAC's thoughts on him. No doubt he'd have seen him play quite a bit.
Don't know about under-rated. Anyone who can appreciate cricket past the last 20 years would rate Davo on the top shelf.

JBMAC

State Captain

A rugged individual impo not as fast as some around today but technology was certainly different. His best performance in that tied test i was fortunate to witness first hand. He gave the impression, from a spectators point of view as being a thinking bowler. Would consult with Benaud and together I of the opinion they brought the term "aggressiveness" back into OZ cricket. An unusal agressive bat he either scored them or went cheap, there was nothing inbetween.I had the occasion to meet him in the late sixties and found him easy to talk to and not reeticient about saying what was wrong or right about aussie cricket in particular and world cricket in general